Cornwall Football Forum

Oxford v Truro

Another good point for Truro City but we should have had all three, unfortunately Oxford City have a goalkeeper Jonathon North on loan from Watford that saved them too many times to remember, I am sure we will hear a lot about him in a few years time.

After the disappointment of not winning a game we thought was ours a read of the programme sees clubs like, Watford, Oxford United, West Ham, Reading, Northampton,Bristol Rovers, Rushden & Diamonds,Brighton etc mentioned as previous clubs the players had played, one player had 5 caps for the full Republic of Ireland team, another had winners medals from Football Leagues 1 and 2.

After taking in the experience their team had, it was then I understood how a team down to 10 men from just before half time still gave us a hard game, almost snatching a winner late on (deflected wide for a corner).

A very enjoyable day out at a club with real history, FA Amateur Cup winners, FA Vase finalists.

I am pleased I didn't miss this game it held your interest for the full 90 minutes, never one of those boring games.

It's good to win but drawing is better than losing.