Crowntown Vs Shortlanesend

Wendron Vs Penz Astro

Div 1

TMS Vs Halsetown

Div 2

Storm Vs Mpad

Tremough Two Vs Star

Any queries, problems contact me asap.

Storm have a team this weekend??? some early notice if not would be much appreciated. Dont want to turn up again and not have anyone there and see last week there game was called off.

no team from storm again. The last time we were due to play when we were all kitted up and storm a no show.

Perfect footy weather. everything organized and yet again we are let down. 13hours before the game this time but even so, with so many games left to play this just cant happen. Its far from the first time. To say im dissapointed would be an understatement. I guessed this time last week Storm wouldnt have a team. Be better if they didnt bother at all. 2 games since October for me. This season as far as im concerned is now a right off

Gloweth 1 - 3 Booters

Yet again gloweth fail to make there dominance pay. Can't score goals for toffee at the moment. Gloweth the better side first half and for about 10-15 mins of the second then just decided enough was enough and didn't bother anymore. Same as every game this season!

Peter Hickey Cup

Wendron 4 Penzance Astropark 5

Well, I must've packed my Get out of Jail card this morning because somehow we managed to turn this game around after pretty much self-destructing in the 1st half. We started reasonably well but once again spent a bit too much time trying to pass the ball into the net. Wendron were playing as well as I've seen them play, and helped by a couple of standard Astropark sloppy moments at the back they stormed into a 3-0 lead. Gotta say that they were decent finishes though, and we deserved to be behind as Wendron clearly wanted it more and played well as a team. We somehow managed to finally find the net just before half-time, which gave us a little bit of confidence, though didn't stop us all rowing at the break :angry2: .

Made one change at half-time but also shuffled the lads around a bit which seemed to work as we pulled another back within about 10 minutes and then scored twice more in quick succession to lead 4-3. Supersub Jamie Harrison then popped up with a 5th, but Wendron came back again to make it 5-4 with about 10 left. We held on fairly well from there though, so are through to the semis :yahoo: .

Great game to play in, well reffed with a great attitude from both sides. Hard luck Tony and the Wendron lads as you really put up a great fight today, and particularly to your guy up front who got a hat-trick and was the best player on the park in my opinion. You'll be alright if you all play with his commitment. Sorry we didn't stop after but Mothers (Missuses) Day etc etc.. not worth the aggro :rolleyes:

Astro scorers

Corey Howes

Luke Howes (another one! :P )

Luke Waller

Pete Waller

Jamie 'Supersub' Harrison

MOTM - Luke Waller (though 4 of our 5 goals did come after I stepped into centre mid ;) )

Gloweth 1 - 3 Booters

Yet again gloweth fail to make there dominance pay. Can't score goals for toffee at the moment. Gloweth the better side first half and for about 10-15 mins of the second then just depcided enough was enough and didn't bother anymore. Same as every game this season!

You did dominate first half the goal we scored gt us back in the game! We missed alot of chances!! Thought we deserved the win! See u next week in league

goals from

Liam bray

Rob bevington

Adam lockward

Gloweth 1 - 3 Booters

Yet again gloweth fail to make there dominance pay. Can't score goals for toffee at the moment. Gloweth the better side first half and for about 10-15 mins of the second then just depcided enough was enough and didn't bother anymore. Same as every game this season!

You did dominate first half the goal we scored gt us back in the game! We missed alot of chances!! Thought we deserved the win! See u next week in league

goals from

Liam bray

Rob bevington

Adam lockward

Yeah it was a well deserved win just for the fact your guys never gave up! Something my lads need to learn!!!

Guest feasey1

Truro 5 - 3 Tremough

Tremough missed 2 penalties and an open goal, could have been a very different result, tremough played the better football however truro did the basics better, the long ball followed by the finish proved to be very effective for them, a clever free kick and another that went through the Tremough wall (dont ask me how). Look forward to the re-match in 2 weeks time. If we play like we did next sunday but make sure we put the ball in the back of the net im sure we will give St Blazey a very tough game. With our Bad luck out of the way and three more of our players returning from this weeks absence we should get the result we want!

no team from storm again. The last time we were due to play when we were all kitted up and storm a no show.

Perfect footy weather. everything organized and yet again we are let down. 13hours before the game this time but even so, with so many games left to play this just cant happen. Its far from the first time. To say im dissapointed would be an understatement. I guessed this time last week Storm wouldnt have a team. Be better if they didnt bother at all. 2 games since October for me. This season as far as im concerned is now a right off

Completely agree Darren. I know Storm have had problems this year and I can sympathise as it can be tough running a Sunday League team, but this is beyond a joke now.

I see they're down to play Crowntown this weekend, although from what I understand yesterday's match against us was meant to be their last game of the season.

Wendron 4 - 5 Penzance astro

Well where do i begin, cracking game played in a better spirit by both teams in my opinion played as though it was the cup final itself.

Having just taken over I considered myself lucky to have 11 players all show as it was mothers day, and i cant fault the lads in any way as they gave it there best although i feel there is more in the bag.

Going 3-0 up inside 30 mins and penzance pulled one back end of 1st half, thought we were there but as usual the first 10 mins of a 2nd half are always the most important, they ended up 4-3 up and quickly got a 5th.

Dan 'the man' richards nearly straight from kick off got his 4th of the match and really thought we would push a 5th and get extra time but it wasnt to be.

The lads played the best football all season and things are looking up and i know someone out there is for a spanking soon lol....

Many thanks to steve and his boys for a great game and the ref who controlled the game fantastically and feeling glad wendron is still going and didnt fall by the wayside

Guest Monty

Wendron Vs penzance astro park.

What a great game with some really good football on a pitch covered with mole hills, if this was the final then people would be talking about it for weeks.

still finding my feet with regards to refering but this was a morale booster for me and i really enjoyed it, just glad it didnt go to extra time because it was end to end stuff and i was bloody knackered. :smiley20:

Wendron Vs penzance astro park.

What a great game with some really good football on a pitch covered with mole hills, if this was the final then people would be talking about it for weeks.

still finding my feet with regards to refering but this was a morale booster for me and i really enjoyed it, just glad it didnt go to extra time because it was end to end stuff and i was bloody knackered. :smiley20:

Cheers Lee, was a pleasure to play in once we'd remembered how to play :lol: . Didn't realise you were new to reffing as it really didn't show mate. Everyone thought you did a fantastic job and controlled the game really well in the rare moments of concern. Did you used to play Sunday league? Thought I recognised you but assumed it was from being the man in the middle.

By how much I'm still aching I don't think I'd have managed another 1/2 hour either! Hope to see you again before end of the season,

Steve

Guest Monty

Thanks steve. Once your team realised that it was a cup game they woke up but credit to wendron they were a better side then they have been all season more organised. All the best for the next round, thanks or your comments.