Cornwall Football Forum

DUCHY 1

Guest LOUBY

LOOKS LIKE ALTERNUN ARE GOING TO TAKE SOME STOPPING FROM WINNING THE LEAGUE THIS SEASON, THERE ON A GOOD RUN NOW AND HAVE BEATEN ALL THE OTHER TOP TEAMS AROUND THEM.

I WATCHED THEM PLAY TODAY AND EVEN THOUGH THEY WON 3-2 THEY MISSED A PENALTY AND A TAP-IN FROM FIVE YARDS AND A FEW OTHER CHANCES, THEY COULD HAVE WON BY 5 OR 6.

I think Altarnun are likely to win the league. Their easily the best team we have played in this division this season.

We were not at are best or at full strength against them but they were very physical and very well organised all over the pitch. On the day we lost our discipline badly!

If we are at full strength i believe we can beat anyone in the league, but its a matter of consistency which we need to get right. I'm hoping we will be challenging for 2nd or 3rd spot at least!

By the way i'm referring to Tywardreath RBL and we have a new signing in Matt 'Mutley' Williams who will be making his debut for us against Maker on saturday. Should be a good signing!

Should be an exciting end to the season!

• 2 weeks later...

I think Altarnun are likely to win the league. Their easily the best team we have played in this division this season.

We were not at are best or at full strength against them but they were very physical and very well organised all over the pitch. On the day we lost our discipline badly!

If we are at full strength i believe we can beat anyone in the league, but its a matter of consistency which we need to get right. I'm hoping we will be challenging for 2nd or 3rd spot at least!

By the way i'm referring to Tywardreath RBL and we have a new signing in Matt 'Mutley' Williams who will be making his debut for us against Maker on saturday. Should be a good signing!

Should be an exciting end to the season!

i think altarnun will win the league.i see mevagissey have scored 39 goals but they have only come from three players.altarnun are top and havent even got one player in the goal scoring charts as the goals are coming form everyone on the pitch except the right back of course!!i think there are alot of impotant games to play yet though,one being meva v probus this weekend....hopefully it will be a draw!

WELL, WITH 2 TEAMS RELEGATED FROM THE PREMIER DIVISION, AND WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF ST TEATH AND GUNNISLAKE ENTERING THE ECFL, IT LOOKS LIKE THE TOP FOUR IN DIV 1 MAY GET PROMOTED.

IF THIS IS THE CASE, THEN I CANNOT POSSIBLY SEE ALTURNUN FINISHING LOWER THAN FIFTH PLACE SO PROMOTION MUST BE A LIKELIHOOD.

DON'T GO QUOTING ME ON ANY OF THIS AND DON'T SUE ME FOR PURCHASING UNWANTED CHAMPAGNE ; JUST THOUGHT I'D STATE THE OBVIOUS.