Cornwall Football Forum

Truro result!

I don't buy that, Mountaineer. Bashley have been beaten six times and have a poor defensive record so far letting in thirty five.

Pablo, with last nights game Bashley have conceded 36 but that is 9 LESS than Truro, they may have lost 6 but they have remained undefeated in the other 19, recent form shows they have lost only one of their last eight games, surely that makes them a difficult team to beat.

Maybe, maybe not. One thing it does show, Mountaineer; is that Right now, City just aren't good enough. I think you'll find if you look back; many, including myself, have been saying exactly that for a very long time.

I do compliment you for sticking by your guns, and your team though. A shame you seem to be the only one to do so. Something else which has been pointed out for many months: all the fair-weather fans seem to have deserted.

Ahem..........Pablo -

I am still here.....!

And we have recognised this season that City have taken a major step up in standards and the team that was/is needs to be improved to be serious promotion contenders.

Step forward new, experienced manager Steve Thompson and new signings.

This could be the longest 'pre-season' on record...!

Still here, too. Just not much interested in responding too often. Take this very thread, for instance: Instead of pointing out that City earned a point against a team higher in the table, at a time when the fate of the season is in the balance and another home loss would have been a serious body blow, the implication is that City choked, blew it, failed.

Should Truro City at home be beating the likes of Bashley ? Looking at this season's results, a draw is not at all surprising, and maybe even a bit of a relief! Yes, TCFC gave up the equalizing goal too quickly, but they didn't fall apart after that, like a more fragile team might've done.

As for "not good enough" nobody's really arguing with you there -- but don't let that stop you! -- most of us have long given up on the playoffs and some of us have abandoned the notion of "consolidation" in order to avoid relegation! I would suggest City are good enough to miss the drop, and winning points against higher-placed teams is evidence of that. But it's hard to explain that to people who will use any stick to beat up Truro (that's not necessarily you, Pablo, but there are others, you must admit).

Pablo, Football is changing year by year, take the last FIVE years when Truro started their journey the non league scene was quite different, during the time taken getting those four promotions the level 3, 2 and 1 clubs have got stronger due to the increased influx from abroad, at one time it was only the premiership overloaded with foreigners, then that filtered down to include the Championship but it hasn't stopped there, it is filtering all the way down the Pyramid and beyond, players who played in the Football League before the INVASION now ply their trade in the Conference and it's feeder leagues, the Southern League (Zamaretto) being one. When Truro City ran into the brick wall that is Level 3 the shock to all of us was that the Southern Premier League had become stronger than previously thought when City's journey began.

Truro have signed Axinte Valentin from Kingsbury London Tigers who have over 500 players in their many teams, those players come from 60 different countries, that is just one club, nationwide there are many similar instances, the players Truro had available at the beginning of the season would have been good enough if the standard of the Southern League was the same as it was four years ago but it isn't, as with most successful clubs players meet their Waterloo and have to be replaced, it is a transition period, one such period is happening at Truro now.