Cornwall Football Forum

No need to panic!

I have not posted on this site for a while but unfortunately, due to work commitments, I have not been able to get to many games this season. I did manage to get to today's game and overall I was impressed with the team's commitment despite the disappointing result.

It was my first opportunity to see Kyle Tooze, Marvin Brown, Aaron Brown and Andy Lindegaard. Despite recent changes to the team, it was good to see Broady in the centre of the park once again. He was immense as ever. As for Steve Adams, he was pretty ineffective. I would play Danny Clay above him every time. Aaron Brown is definitely the type of player we need. I saw him play at QPR and he is a quality player however, we seem to be signing a lot of players nearing the end of their career. We need to buy young talent rather than signing ageing players from local league sides.

My final point is why was Scott Walker not playing from the start today. With Taylor on the right and Walker on the left, we are a real threat. Tooze doesn't offer the same threat. If we're not careful we'll lose Walker because he is good enough to play at a higher level. In my opinion, if he's fit, he should play.

All in all things are looking OK. We need to stay up this season but from what I saw today, I believe next season we'll be challenging for promotion.