Division One

Callington Town v Roche - OFF

Camelford 2 St Dominick 2

Holsworthy 2 Nanpean Rovers 1

Millbrook 3 Edgcumbe 1

Plymstock United 1 Polperro 3

St Blazey 4 St Columb Major 0

St Stephens Borough 1 St Dennis 4

Great result for us v boro today it was a real smash & grab as we had to defend all game but goals win games.Only down side to the game was two of our boys got spat on during the game,little bit of growing up needed.Only one point behind now with four games in hand ,4-1 get in there ! ! !

Was a good result for us yesterday, especialy after the way we played. Glad to have the trip to borough out the way. As for the spitting situation,or shell I say situationS it was discusting can't believe how some1 can stoop so low. But on a positive note was just an all round great result for us and the lads are buzzin. :clapper:

great result for millbrook, well done lads :c:

Emphatic result for St Dennis, looks like they are gonna take some stopping this season. Poor result for us yesterday, I wasnt there but from what i heard we played well, just didnt take our chances and Millbrook caught us on the break. Thats football though, fair play to them.

Looks like the real battle is for 2nd place now though...

To be fair he is class. It was about time he moved to a good team and i can only see him getting better and better now

and if im bein honest this guy could learn alot from carl n lee rickard different class all together,we're really lucky 2 have the terrible twosome at st dennis,if gray wants 2 play in a good team then hes more than welcome 2 join lol

Massive result for St Dennis against Borough, feel a bit sick as i personally felt we deserved soemthing out of the game, even a draw would have been dissappointig for us! i thought we controlled large spells but St Dennis were incredibly stubborn defensively and took their chances more than us (obviously).

as for the spitting incidents although i was playing i was unaware there was 1 let alone 2, but if it is true agree it is out of order. i thought it was a healthy competitive match with some frustration coming out of the borough lads as once we were 3-0 down realised it was unlikley to win the game and therefore even harder to win the league. never say never but looks like a hot race for second now.

p.s thanks Carl (or Lee) for giving me a 2 bumps on my head from 2 head clashes! i look like the elephant man! good luck in the cup and hope you smash everyone else in the league chasing second but still lose enough for us to pip you to the title :D

Guest the_wet_otter

St Blazey 4 -0 St Columb Major

st colomb deserve credit. having had to play them two weeks in a row, i think alot of the younger lads took it for granted that like earlier in the season it would be a cricket score. those boys were far from a walk over and battled to the end in both matches. i think they have halfed their problems by the signing of their ginger giant keeper!! apparently he played for newquay first team but couldnt make it every week so hes signed for major. not far away from their first victory i feel. good luck for the rest of the season lads.

Another victory for the greens of st blazey. plodding along with their business quietly and un-noticed. Hoops and braggy have done a brilliant job since taking charge, there is a great team spirit, a mixture of youth and experience, and steadilly we are building good foundations and high standards. took points off st stephens borough, beat plymstock, in-form st dominick at their place, and polperro away. ( wouldnt fancy playing against polperro again though, as they have just signed matty barton, two goals on his debut.....watch them pick up their form again now....hes guarenteed to hit 20goals for them boys, quality player!!!)

six wins in a row now, confidence is high, two strikers comming back after x-mas, things are looking good.

:thumbsup:

Guest the_wet_otter

here here chairman!!

when andrew left after the edgecumbe game, we were left with ten phone numbers of players. we have four lads who come down and play from plymouth, and the rest were local lads. six players followed andrew and left the club, the plymouth lads decided to stay, and when we turned up to the home game against plymstock we had the bare eleven....and won. since then, dave and braggy have brought in some quality youth and a dinosaur called "Burts" haha. the atmosphere has gone from stale to a vibrant dressing room, and this has been taken out onto the pitch. everybody stays for a few drinks after the game and its made playing football enjoyable again. top job braggy and "the wet otter" hoops,haha long may the rich form continue!!!

Guest the_wet_otter

yeah those are the four plymouth lads. all playing well for us this season...although rich is fast becomming the Darren Anderton of the team....always out injured...that may have something to do with our new female physio though haha. As for Burts Mr Chairman.....i totally agree, a born winner who is very passionate. completely different off the pitch to on it, easilly spotted that the man has been a st blazey legend in years gone by!! think you should invest in a statue outside blaise park for mr burton!!!!

Those 4 lads have done the rounds up plymouth and the surrounding area , now have to move further a field to get a game.

Have they though?!

Rich Eland played at Parkway Reserves with myself since we moved into mens football..and he only left the club last season.

Dean Webb was at Parkway Reserves for around 7 seasons until he left to go to Civil Service

Will has had a few clubs, cant comment on Danny, just thought he played under the same manager who's team just happened to keep changing there name!!

I wouldn't say "with ease" if I remember correctly u guys (torpoint) had 2 chances and scored from both, both bein a pen and a free kick. So realy u didn't score from open play. Ourselfs on the other hand had at least 6 good chances unluckly for us ur keeper had a stormer that day. But that's football, goodluck. :c:

That's football I suppose. Sometimes things don't go ur way, it was only a matter of time as we were unbeaten up till then. To passionate, let the game get to me lol. Yes we failed to convert our chances and like I said it wasn't our day that day. The lads have learnt from that game including myself and have been awsome ever since.Every team have there bad days and that day was ours. Glad it's been and gone, prefer losing to a top class Side such as torpoint then go and lose to a not so strong side. Still 100% record in the league and having a great run in the senior cup. All the lads are buzzing and it's nice to see great players wanting to play at st dennis. Lets just hope we keep up the good work. Good luck to torpoint for the rest of the season :c:

Guest the_wet_otter

QUOTE(Gary Andrews @ Dec 15 2009, 12:37 PM)

Those 4 lads have done the rounds up plymouth and the surrounding area , now have to move further a field to get a game.

to be honest with you Gary, before Andrew Rundle left, we actually had SEVEN lads travelling down from plymouth each week. One went back to local leagues in plymouth and the other two went to ECPL teams, and those two couldnt get a game for us. The general vibe from the guys is that yes, they travel half an hour to play a home game, but to play on Blaise park week in week out is well worth the journey. arguably the best pitch in cornwall. Webby came from millbrook firsts, and as FOZ 06 said Rich Elland has come from a very strong Parkway outfit where he didnt get a game due to his work patterns. both Danny and Will were here from christmas last year.

no game for us weekend as we were due to play elburton at home, but they have a cup fixture to fulfil!!

It's a shame footballfan your not has your name suggest. Slagging off the two best front players out of Peninusla football doesn't do you any favours does it. Torpoint were superb defensively and like Lee SAID St Dennis missed there chances Torpoint didn't. Lee Rickard got the grace to say he wasn't allowed a kick and told his marker well done after the game, as for the sending off if your forward didn't run 30yds to get involved he would have had a talking too and thats all so the poor sportsmanship was by your forward (maybe it was you).

St Dennis will see you next year hopefully and we can continue our push onwards and upwards.

""footballfan" bout time to get over it, that game had been and gone months ago. Torpoint were the better side and deserved the win. End of. Goodluck to them for the rest of season.

best 2 players out of the peninsula league? thats very debateable isnt it?

not sure if I even no u mate. U may of been playing against blazey last year wen I played for them at ur place and we beat u 4-2. Have a good season. Think this subject needs to be dropped now. Petty.

Yet another 1 who can't get over it. The guy who scored ur pen was markin me. The lad southern I think he's called, he was class that game and marked me out of the game. Like I keep sayin every team have there bad games and we were poor that day. He was by far ur best player that day. If I remember correctly he got motm that day. He had a blinding game. Now u can start movin on lads it's getting boring to read.

no you now how every other poster feels reading about the lee rickard show week in week out get over yourself whinge

i think ur a tad jealous pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 chances failed to convert , whinging all game and then getting sent off to help the team .... terrible "twosome"

class 1 day against a good team,poo the next against a mediocre 1,footballs football ur a div that dont no naff all 2 b polite

best 2 players out of the peninsula league? thats very debateable isnt it?

batesy was a little over the top may be as strikers play a different role 2 other players ie defence midfielders etc but the boys r quality n im sure u wud have them in ur team any day,kills me 2 say but its a pleasure 2 play football wiv them week in week out,nice kids on n off the pitch,credit given where credit due

Guy powney must have worn big shorts against st.dennis because im sure the rickard brothers were in his pocket all game...

i heard that hes got big shorts 2 accomodate u in there lickin his freshly shaven behind,how is the tongue DWAYNE PIPE? STILL BROWN???????????????

id like 2 add that these views r my own n it started off as jest until sum others took offence 2 my humour BOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!no disrespect 2 torpoint or any other teams in the cup/league as i hope u all do well,n i look 4ward 2 sat afternoons playing against u wen community service dunt interfere lol,also st dennis aint lost YET wen i played so HA,c u all in the forth cumin weeks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :clapper:

think both rickards would also stroll into the torpoint team, along with graham. St Dennis are having a great season, they have seemed to make the step up look a lot easier than we have (although i understand they've signed some new players whereas we've lost some important ones).

Dunno how this has turned out like this though!!! Love it all the same!!