Cornwall Football Forum

promotion fal helston leagues

Just a general question if people know how many teams get promoted to div 1 next year? I was always led to believe that it was 3 but if the team in our league (penryn) who have team in div 1 they cant be promoted so it goes down to the 4th place team instead.

Someone told me it was top 4 that get promoted this year? Is this true? Gonna be a very long season i know and lots can happen but as we are 3rd at the moment I just wanted to know how many get promoted.

Cheers

I dont think it is as straight forward as top 3 or 4 as the teams need to apply to join combo and need to be able to afford it too. It also depends on if they have a 1st team above them in the combo already which would leave, Falmouth Town, Perranwell, St Agnes and of course Penryn not being able to go up. So if the teams mentioned all finished in the top 4 places then what? surely the teams in the next 3 or 4 places wouldnt go up?

My understanding is if Div 1 is one short already then four teams will be promoted from Div 2 and three will still be relegated from Div 1, this then filters down the leagues and allows another team to be considered for entry into the league in Div 3. I could be wrong though :blink:

This has happened before i think you will find that as Truro started the season only two teams will be relegated and three promoted from div2. At the end of the last agm div1 had 16 teams if 1 pulls out you really should,nt relegate a "fourth" from bottom team. You set yourself a precedent by doing that, if 4 teams pulled out you would end up relegating 3 more and promoting 7 from div 2 (Highly unlikely to happen)

Again "I think" that for example if Mawnan finished in the top 3 in div2 and having a team in div1, a div1 team would have the choice to stay in division1 before promoting a fourth placed div2 team. For those who have attended the AGM for a few years, was,nt Constantine offered to stay in div 1 a couple of seasons ago but chose to be relegated? Also a team facing relegation from div1 cannot be "saved " by having a team in div2 both get relegated.

The demotion, promotion issue is never clear cut and alot depends on what is decided at the AGM, for example:

Last season only two teams actually went down from div 2 as Mawgan were counted as the third, So the top 3 in div 3 went up. (Cury missing out in 4th)

The previous year however Fal Albion had withdrawn from Div2 but they weren't counted and the 3 bottom sides still went down and therefore 4 sides in div3 got promoted (Troon went up in 4th).

It would appear that promotion and demotion may not just depend on where you finish but on who else finish's where. Call me a sinic but it seems different rules for different occasions can get enforced.

Moral of the story don't count your chickens.......................4th may be good enough or then it might not. :huh:

It needs clearing up I never know the truth. It can be very complicated especially when u get promoted buy cause the first team always think they better. I been there and seen it being in 2nd or 3rd team we get promoted y the seconds struggle. Really that team should be given the respect but it never as simple. TOO MANY BIG HEADED PLAYERS. Still I hope to help my team to Top spot In Div 3n :c: