Cornwall Football Forum

Time for a change

It pains me to say it but I think that there is a change of manager needed at West Ham now, although I like Zola as a player and a person he just does not seem to have a plan B and when plan A is not working there seems nothing left

He did well last season and maybe im to quick to judge but things need to happen and fast otherwise West Ham will be facing certain relegation from the top tier of English football

From what I have heard from sources off other forums it seems that between the 8th and 10th of December is set to be a do or die time as far as any takeover is concerned although I am not holding my breath because the way things stand right now I doubt anybody would want to take on such a huge debt with the position we are in and if someone does and we fail to stay up then things will become 100 times worse

There has to be something very very wrong at the club because Steve Clarke as far as I know handled the Chelski defence when he was there and they became almost unbreakable but now we are leaking goals by the bucket load and have nothing in reply, Take last weeks game against Burnley 5 – 0 up and cruising but only just won it 5 – 3 and that is very worrying indeed

We have Zola who is young and enthusiastic, Steve Clarke who is young but has great experience Antonio Pintus who is the fitness coach and has trained some of the best players in the world at his time at Juventus and Gianluca Nani who has developed such players as World cup winners Andrea Pirlo and Luca Toni who according to reports could be set for a loan switch to Upton park in the new year

West Ham got rid of Harry (Big mistake) when he wanted to develop a side around the likes of Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Jermain Defo, Michael Carrick and Joe Cole all of who are now at clubs doing very well indeed, Not only that but they got rid of Alan Pardew who took us to 2 play off finals (promotion at the second attempt) and an F.A cup final then Alan Curbishley was made a scapegoat and although his style of play was very much Charlton like it did get results

To say I am disappointed in the club I have supported as a nipper is an understatement and looking at who and what we have given away over the last few years it is clear that West Ham have no ambition to compete in the top half of the premiership nor do they have any ambitions to play in Europe

Today’s game was against the champions Manchester Utd and not one we were expected to win (Injuries are no excuse as Manchester utd had 6 players out today) but enough is enough and things have to change if West Ham are going to stay up and as for the long term future they need someone new who has money and is looking to take things forward

Rant over im off to drown my sorrows yet again :drink:

Guest mariner

It really was bad management on Zolas part in not taking off the injured Hines, he could hardly run and effectiveley playing with 10 men which helped UTD in gaining the first goal.

It pains me to say it but I think that there is a change of manager needed at West Ham now, although I like Zola as a player and a person he just does not seem to have a plan B and when plan A is not working there seems nothing left

He did well last season and maybe im to quick to judge but things need to happen and fast otherwise West Ham will be facing certain relegation from the top tier of English football

From what I have heard from sources off other forums it seems that between the 8th and 10th of December is set to be a do or die time as far as any takeover is concerned although I am not holding my breath because the way things stand right now I doubt anybody would want to take on such a huge debt with the position we are in and if someone does and we fail to stay up then things will become 100 times worse

There has to be something very very wrong at the club because Steve Clarke as far as I know handled the Chelski defence when he was there and they became almost unbreakable but now we are leaking goals by the bucket load and have nothing in reply, Take last weeks game against Burnley 5 – 0 up and cruising but only just won it 5 – 3 and that is very worrying indeed

We have Zola who is young and enthusiastic, Steve Clarke who is young but has great experience Antonio Pintus who is the fitness coach and has trained some of the best players in the world at his time at Juventus and Gianluca Nani who has developed such players as World cup winners Andrea Pirlo and Luca Toni who according to reports could be set for a loan switch to Upton park in the new year

West Ham got rid of Harry (Big mistake) when he wanted to develop a side around the likes of Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Jermain Defo, Michael Carrick and Joe Cole all of who are now at clubs doing very well indeed, Not only that but they got rid of Alan Pardew who took us to 2 play off finals (promotion at the second attempt) and an F.A cup final then Alan Curbishley was made a scapegoat and although his style of play was very much Charlton like it did get results

To say I am disappointed in the club I have supported as a nipper is an understatement and looking at who and what we have given away over the last few years it is clear that West Ham have no ambition to compete in the top half of the premiership nor do they have any ambitions to play in Europe

Today’s game was against the champions Manchester Utd and not one we were expected to win (Injuries are no excuse as Manchester utd had 6 players out today) but enough is enough and things have to change if West Ham are going to stay up and as for the long term future they need someone new who has money and is looking to take things forward

Rant over im off to drown my sorrows yet again :drink:

Aaah, want a cuddle mate :(;):yahoo:

Just a couple of weeks back, you said....

I do not agree that West Ham’s game this Saturday is what you would call a six pointer or the game that decides how their season pans out

I would however say that our next 3 to 4 games are important and if we were to lose all of them or get very little in the way of points then I would start to fear the worst that is for sure

Our next 4 games are Hull City (Away) Burnley (Home) Man Utd (Home) Bolton (Away)

Now I feel West Ham will beat Hull City and also Burnley, Man Utd never like to come to the Boleyn Ground (Neither do Arsenal, sorry I had to get that in there) :D so I’m going for a draw there and although I hate to say it I would go for a loss at the Reebok against Bolton (We never win there)

If correct and other results go our way (Big possibility) then that will give us 7 out of a possible 12 points which would put us on 17 points and I think that would be good enough for at least 14th to 16th in the league table

The following three games after those are Chelsea (Home) (Stick the blue flag up your Arsenal) Loss

Portsmouth (Home) Win then the Spuds (Away) Loss not a good finish to 2009 (Be glad to see the back of it)

Hmmm, how are those things going "me old mucka" ;):thumbsup: :c:

Coopsie

I know exactly what i said a few weeks ago and i have not forgotten that fella

My rant last night maybe was a little harsh, but after a conversation with a mate of mine who went to the game and saw exactly what happend i got rather emotional and posted the above (You should never drink and have a p.c on at the same time)

To be honest maybe i should not post bo**ocks like that on a public forum but i have a right to and it is also a topic of conversation in which a few members replied to

Over and out

Coopsie

I know exactly what i said a few weeks ago and i have not forgotten that fella

My rant last night maybe was a little harsh, but after a conversation with a mate of mine who went to the game and saw exactly what happend i got rather emotional and posted the above (You should never drink and have a p.c on at the same time)

To be honest maybe i should not post bo**ocks like that on a public forum but i have a right to and it is also a topic of conversation in which a few members replied to

Over and out

You ok mate? :unsure: .. I really wasn't having a dig or putting anyone down. I agree with everything you said.

My question about what you said th other week was just that, a question, because I can't remember...

The guy I work with is a bubble blower too, so I actually have a genuine interest in what you have to say about them..

Sorry mate