Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy Preview - Saturday 21st November

The Duchy side of things is usually dead on here during the week. Thought this might spark some more interest. The big game for us this week is the St Austell vs Premier Sixes match. Both teams go into the tie hacing perfect 100% records in both the league and the cups. St Austell currently lead the heads up matches by 3 games to 1, but P6 did achieve their first victory over St Austell in their last meeting. Should be a cracker if the weather holds out. The other big game in the division see's 4th placed St Dennis take on third placed Gunnislake, thats a big game as the loser will slip even further behind the top 2.

From my limited knowledge of the other divisions it looks like their are some other big games going ahead this Saturday to.

Mount Charles will be looking to cause an upset by knocking Tywardreath out of the Junior Cup.

St Teath will have a tricky tie away to a St Mawgan side who boast a very impressive midfield unit.

The big game in Duchy 4 see's Gerrans play host to Newquay Minor who desperately need a victory if they are to stay in the promotion race.

Saturday 21st November 2009

Junior Cup East Division Round Three

Mount Charles (4) v Tywardreath RBL (1)

Duchy League Cup First Round

AFC Bodmin v Gorran

Tintagel v North Hill

Premier Division

St Cleer v Lamerton

Torpoint Athletic v Foxhole Stars

Fowey United v Looe Town

Pensilva v Saltash United

Gunnislake v St Dominick

St Mawgan v St Teath

First Division

Godolphin Atlantic v Maker with Rame

Boscastle v Week St Mary

Tywardreath RBL P - P Mevagissey

St Stephen v Launceston United

Altarnun v Grampound

Second Division

Looe Town Reserves v Pelynt

Delabole United v Holywell & Cubert

Lanreath v St Newlyn East

Calstock v Polperro

St Breward v Bere Alston United

Lostwithiel v Camelford

Third Division

Roche v Queens Rangers

Wadebridge Town v Pensilva Reserves

AFC St Austell v Premier Sixes

St Dennis v Gunnislake Reserves

St Minver v Biscovey

Stratton United v Nanpean Rovers

Fourth Division

Grampound Reserves v Callington Town

St Teath Reserves v Altarnun Reserves

Gerrans v Newquay Minor

North Petherwin v Southgate

Mount Charles P - P Sticker

Lewdown Rovers v Stoke Climsland

Fifth Division

Padstow United v St Mawgan Reserves

Duke of Cornwall v Tregony

Mevagissey Reserves v St Cleer Reserves

Charlestown Saints v Boscastle Reserves

St Newlyn East Reserves v Bridgerule

Pelynt Reserves v Delabole United Reserves

We (Tywardreath RBL) will not be looking forward to playing on Mount Charles shocker of a pitch at Luxulyan with no showers!!

Anything can happen in Junior Cup ties but unless we have a very very bad day at the office I can't see us slipping up, although the pitch may be a leveller. No disrepsect to Mount Charles who have done well in this competition so far and I know most of the lads there.

Just hope the weather doesn't ruin things again, we've not played for several weeks now!

I have been away for the weekend in london on my future son in laws stag due.Friday night i was asked to leave a pub at 7 pm only had one drink,they thought i was drunk as they where unable to understand the cornish lingo.The hight didntgo to bad after that i think,but the next morning confirmed my worst fears,i have suddenly got old cant drink and hate hangovers.I deposisited some sort of mess from my stomach into a flower garden outside the hotel,and then had it confirmed that the roof on the new stand at st teath had been blown off and was nearly in delabole.I then had to suffer an hour in the taxi to The home of that other sport with a funny shape ball,sick twice more stood in a pub with no roof before going in to watch the worst game anyone could ever see.After the game i was brave enough to have another drink,lemonade in fact before making my way back to kings cross on the underground,alright on the train but could i find that bloody travel lodge!.Went out with the rest of the lads ending up in a night club called the egg,being chatted up by a bloody German bloke ,Shit playing St Mawgan will be a breeze after that lot.On a serious note,the roof has gone on the stand,will effect a couple of games up there ,we will repalce it over the next couple of weeks when we can get at it.The wind was that strong it lifted steel poles out of the ground that where surronded in concrete.

We (Tywardreath RBL) will not be looking forward to playing on Mount Charles shocker of a pitch at Luxulyan with no showers!!

Anything can happen in Junior Cup ties but unless we have a very very bad day at the office I can't see us slipping up, although the pitch may be a leveller. No disrepsect to Mount Charles who have done well in this competition so far and I know most of the lads there.

Just hope the weather doesn't ruin things again, we've not played for several weeks now!

I've only played MC at Penrice, what's their new pitch like, what is so bad about it? Is it new this season?

The pitch is a typical farmers field 'left peg'. Sloping and a bit rough!

I've only ever played there on a sunday morning against Luxulyan.

In fact i'm playing there this Sunday for St Blazey aswell as the cup match on saturday!!

The lack of showers is a real pain, especially if the rain falls heavy again!

I see, surely they don't go all the way back to MC social club after?

I realise the shower issue is a pain but at least they are having a go at establishing a set up away from the school, maybe showers will come with time if things work out. At the end of the day its how most small single team clubs start out. St Stephens Boro and Edgcumbe in the ECL are still looking to set down roots.Sometimes when people are used to good facilities its easy to forget, I expect that there are/have been individuals that have put a lot of effort into setting it up. Plus when you drive around the county there aren't that many flat fields that don't flood!

Good luck this weekend