Cornwall Football Forum

Portreath recruiting

Guest Bundiwilliams

Guest Bundiwilliams

Portreath AFC are recruiting for players again!!!!!!!

The club has still got there core group of loyal players but need to strength the whole squad.

ya they are bottom of the league and yes they havent won a game yet, but we the club is now settling down.

they are training tuesday nights at Cornwall College on Astro pitch from 6pm-7pm come along if interested and see what its all about, what have you got to lose???

Guest Bundiwilliams

not every game lol

had a good start- 2-0 to perranwell, 2-1 falmouth town, recently players leaving ect has had a huge effect hence why looking for further players to commit.

but valid point about the double figure ha ha

Guest Bundiwilliams

thats exactly the reason mate plus you give them abit of stick for not performing and they run instead of fight!!!!!

just a few runners instead of fighters!!!!!

its hard attracting players half way through season when players are settled in, but i have afew players suggesting next year they are looking in my direction, so all about building!!!

Guest mikey catterall

its not looking good is it bundi mate but ur still trying most men would of walked away credit to u bud u should buy them all a copy of braveheart :lol: take care :thumbsup:

Geach, ignore them mate. People who have the guts to have their identity on here will be the one's who will admit that you'll keep Portreath down to 9 now at least mate, lol.

Seriously though mate, you'd do a good job at that level, we all know it.

Guest Bundiwilliams

thanks for the kind words guys, in the combination thread all the club gets is abuse so thanks!!!!!

anyone is more than welcome to come along to training tuesday night at cornwall college on astro pitch 6pm-7pm, cheers guys

Yes have played this season.

Ok can I just ask a quick question?

You say you have helped bundi out this year and you have played for Portreath this year but you are now a junior player, Why did you leave as you say they are a good bunch and have a good set up

Looking at you username do I take it that you now play for Illogan (Possibly mining league division 1)

Guest Bundiwilliams

ya he is a player of illogan and a very loyal one at that, he has signed on for portreath so that if his team hasnt got a game he can help me out, which for him to do is a good thing.

That’s a good shout then mate and possibly the route to go down then, You proberly have more chance of signing decent junior players who already have clubs and would like to help out rather than signing players who have already signed for combo teams

In your position I cannot see many senior players wanting to sign but junior players who have the opportunity to play senior football when there clubs do not have a game could be good for you right now

Just goes to show that all the good times (Although great at the time) meant sweet F.A to those who played for the club a few years ago when the club were winning the mining league and junior cup eh, Quick enough to go to the British Legion in Redruth and put up a trophy cabinet (Which is now empty) and come back with the flash tracksuits and club bags (Which most of them kept) but when the tough got going it was cheers and gone

Anyway all the best and I admire the work your putting in and the fact you believe in what your doing when others seem to have left a sinking ship

Good luck to you Bundi mate and I hope you get what you want :thumbsup:

illoganchap Good on ya mate :thumbsup:

Cheers Bundi, dont like to see any sides struggle in any league.

cockerkneeboy- i am an illogan man, but will help out when possibe. The reason i dont move to Portreath is that illogan,as a whole club are doing well. and i am playing regularly. so wouldnt risk my position as things are. . .

But who knows what the future may bring.

:thumbsup:

cockerkneeboy- i am an illogan man, but will help out when possibe. The reason i dont move to Portreath is that illogan,as a whole club are doing well. and i am playing regularly. so wouldnt risk my position as things are. . .

I totaly understand that mate and your right Illogan are doing very well indeed, I know a few of the boys from there and they are a good bunch of lads

All the best fella :thumbsup: