Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday 25/10 results

Carlyon Arms 5 - Truro GWRSA 3. Truro 2-0 up, the home team pulling 1 back before half time with a penalty. Truro the far better team first half though possession about equal. Carlyon Arms made a substitution and controlled the second half from start to finish scoring 4 times to Truro's 1. As a Carlyon Arms player Truro gave us as hard a game as we've had all season, quality side all over the pitch, tough but honest team. I think over 90 minutes we were possibly the better side but glad it's not over 2 legs as I think home advantage may have told. If the other teams play with the same quality and spirit as Truro we'll look foward to possibly drawing a team from down west in the next round.

Cornwall Sunday Cup

Threemilestone 4 MPad 2 aet

an understrength mpad team (thats sunday footy) dominated first half with the wind and went in at half time 2-0 up wasting several chances. threemilestone dominated 2nd half with mpad for some reason thinking they had already won or something. 2 goals deservedly scored by threemilestone took it to extra time. they then scored a 3rd early in extra time and mpad missed 3 1 on 1s with the keeper and had a long shot go narrowly wide. threemilestone finished the game with a penalty in the last minutes by the cocky little tw#t number 4. mpad guilty of missing lots of chances a taking there foot off the gas. at the end of the day threemilestone were more up for it and deserved the win. a good bunch of lads apart from the number 4!!! (in my opinion). well done threemilestone and good luck in the next round

Crowntown 1 Wendron 2

Slowly but surely, as many kindly predicted, Crowntown are sorting out a competitive side. Each week they are improving and look like settling on a reliable squad of 15 or 16 players who are prepared to play for each other.

Today with 3 (Yes THREE) subs they gave Wendron a good game and could easily have won it.

Crowntown took the lead after about 10 minute and, deservedly, held it until half time.

In the second half with two of the three subs on, they lost a little of their structure and conceded a goal through a deflected shot.

With about 20 minutes to go, Wendron got the winner with a useful shot that Keeper Jon Law made his first mistake with, narrowly failing to palm it round the post.

In the last 20 minutes Crowntown had several chances to equalise but couldn't put the finishing touch to attacks.

A much better day for the home side.

Good luck to Wendron in the next round and thank you to Adam Price for a sound performance as ref.

me personally am busy busy busy. extra time took us well into the afternoon plus i didnt fancy a shower in the toilets or did i want to go to the pub filthy. ACTUALLY COULDNT EVEN GET IN THE TOILETS TO CHANGE AND SO CHANGED IN THE CARPARK!!!! Dont even know where you went to a pub to. WASNT INVITED, SORRY IF U GAVE A INVITE TO SOMEONE ELSE IN OUR TEAM AND WASNT PASSED ON. CANT SPEAK FOR THE REST OF THE PLAYERS THOUGH. I know there used to be a social club. if that number 4 went back there id most likely haVe lamped him. nah not really. threemilestone deserved the win for sure. Loved it when they equalized. Thought the little number 4 thought he was playing for man u or liverpool for a few seconds....bless him. cockyness does not work with me though. guess he was just excited cause he had a chance of winning, the things i heard from him after...goodness me, just very cocky, u may have notice he took 1 or 2 harder tackles towards the end even when we had given up. HAHA. Did enjoy the game though. GOOD LUCK IN THE NEXT ROUND

retired for now what was the tms players calling him?(if you took note that is) :D

And why was there no players back after the game? another wasted spread!

A lot of our players had to get back because of extra time. Still disappointed to have lost. Agree with Retired for Now that we totally took our foot of the gas after going in 2-0 up at half-time.

Think we need to find our shooting boots for Sunday's match with Penzance though!

Cornwall Sunday Cup

Threemilestone 4 MPad 2 aet

an understrength mpad team (thats sunday footy) dominated first half with the wind and went in at half time 2-0 up wasting several chances. threemilestone dominated 2nd half with mpad for some reason thinking they had already won or something. 2 goals deservedly scored by threemilestone took it to extra time. they then scored a 3rd early in extra time and mpad missed 3 1 on 1s with the keeper and had a long shot go narrowly wide. threemilestone finished the game with a penalty in the last minutes by the cocky little tw#t number 4. mpad guilty of missing lots of chances a taking there foot off the gas. at the end of the day threemilestone were more up for it and deserved the win. a good bunch of lads apart from the number 4!!! (in my opinion). well done threemilestone and good luck in the next round

We hit the crossbar as well when it was 3-2 but nobody followed up on the rebound....

Guest WendronSun

Crowntown 1 Wendron 2

Slowly but surely, as many kindly predicted, Crowntown are sorting out a competitive side. Each week they are improving and look like settling on a reliable squad of 15 or 16 players who are prepared to play for each other.

Today with 3 (Yes THREE) subs they gave Wendron a good game and could easily have won it.

Crowntown took the lead after about 10 minute and, deservedly, held it until half time.

In the second half with two of the three subs on, they lost a little of their structure and conceded a goal through a deflected shot.

With about 20 minutes to go, Wendron got the winner with a useful shot that Keeper Jon Law made his first mistake with, narrowly failing to palm it round the post.

In the last 20 minutes Crowntown had several chances to equalise but couldn't put the finishing touch to attacks.

Good luck to Wendron in the next round and thank you to Adam Price for a sound performance as ref.

It was another good game, played in good spirits.

It's nice to see one of the more established teams in the league coming good again, in the first half Crowntown deserved to win, but after the half time team talk Wendron came out with a new spirit and actually started to play football, their way. I think it's fair to say that we controlled the game from that point on, with very few chances going to Crowntown.

I look forward to actually playing in the next game against Bill and lads, well if I can get into my own team.. :c:

It's nice to see one of the more established teams in the league coming good again, in the first half Crowntown deserved to win, but after the half time team talk Wendron came out with a new spirit and actually started to play football, their way. I think it's fair to say that we controlled the game from that point on, with very few chances going to Crowntown.

I look forward to actually playing in the next game against Bill and lads, well if I can get into my own team.. :c:

Our second-half performance didnt have anything to do with me coming off at half-time did it WendronSun!?! :(:D

Mind you if i had been going any slower in that first half id have been going backwards!!! :P

:c:

Our second-half performance didnt have anything to do with me coming off at half-time did it WendronSun!?! :(:D

Mind you if i had been going any slower in that first half id have been going backwards!!! :P

:c:

Rumour has it A One And A Six has a turning circle similar to that of a P&O Ferry.........

Firstly, your insults would be a lot motr effective if they made sense A One And A Six, perhaps you should read them through before you post!

Secondly, how exactly would you manage to turn me as I spend the whole 90 mins goal hanging! Unless you wanted to repeat your goal keeping heroics on that fateful Sunday at TMS! 7-1 wasn't it on a 70 min match!!!

It's deliberate that the West Clubs and east Clubs are separated in the first two rounds.

The clubs requested it a few years ago to reduce travelling costs.

I don't think there's any fiddle. I suspected fiddling a few years ago when I fell out with a certain Mr Ryder.

My club drew Gunnislake, Downderry and Saltash in successive seasons.

I can understand that to a certain extent but we played Truro GWRSA in round one and the distance between us in St Austell (though playing at Par) is surely no further than Truro drawing a team based in Penzance? I would also argue that the cost is only applicable to the away team (yes unfortunate to that team) and it's not as if it's every week. Surely that gravitas of getting through to the next round and possibly playing away outweighs the negatives? It was great to play Truro last week, we play the same teams week in week out and to be pitched against a very good side who we knew nothing about made for a better game. The general feeling up here is that in the Sunday Cup the teams from down West are not as strong. Not counting The Queens Head and St Teath who we played last year in the Sunday Cup and are not "league teams" I would say along with St Blazey that Truro were as good a side as we've played for several seasons. Without trying to be big headed we have failed to lose a league game since the opening game of last season some 24 matches ago. Last season our goal difference was greater than the other teams combined as it is this season. My point is not to big us up but to point out that we need games against decent sides from down West which there clearly are to give us a stern test. This is not to dismiss the teams in our league, St Blazey are a very very good side and will match us all the way this season.

It's really simple. The CCFA consider Truro as the boundary between the two Sunday Leagues and they use that criterion. I'd guess that the Junior Cup works the same way.

It isn't very far from Truro to Penzance, but it's approaching 100 miles for Halsetown to play Lamorna who, oddly, play well east of Plymouth! A 200 mile round trip is not to be taken lightly.

The difference between the Sunday Cup and the Junior Cup is that all the teams go into the bag for round three. By then the less serious clubs (if you'll excuse that expression) have probably been eliminated and may those left may well be happier to travel.

If you don't like it, raise the matter with CCFA. However, I'm not sure that they should build a competition to suit the strongest clubs.

I'm not saying I dislike it, I just feel it's a shame we don't get to play clubs from your area more often. A more mixed draw would suit weaker clubs from both areas. As it stands we've been drawn at home against Packhorse from our league who we beat 10-3 away (although we share a ground) 2 weeks ago. They will probably not relish having drawn us and we'll feel fairly confident we can get the job done. If we had been drawn away or even at home v a team from your league the trip into the unknown would possibly favour one of your teams. Yes it works 2 ways but the element of surprise negates the beaten before you even played scenario.

Guest mariner

Crowntown 1 Wendron 2

Losing 2-1 or 10-0 a loss is still a loss :lol::c: :lol: