Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday 18/10 results

Crowntown 2 Wendron 7 (H-t 0 - 6)

Both sides managed only a bare eleven players and the referee (confirmed Tuesday) failed to show.

But, the game went on regardless and was enjoyed by all.

The scoreline doesn't reflect the play as the poor Crowntown keeper had a nightmare game, gifting four out of the 6 first half goals, losing all confidence in the process. In fact, despite being 6-0 down, Crowntown seemed to have at least as much of the play.

Second half, with a change goalie, Crowntown definitely saw more of the game. In fact Crowntown outscored Wendron 2-1.

Scorers for Crowntown Gareth Perry and Will Bain. For Wendron Jason Smith 4, Chris Lawrence 1, Aaron Richards 1, Mark Moyle 1.

Thank you to Jamie Reed for refereeing - I'm sure that he'll say that it wasn't the most difficult game to manage

Packhorse 3 - Carlyon Arms 10

Blue Anchor 2 - Tregonissey 6

Galleon 2 - Luxulyan 4

The referee for our game v Packhorse today referees plenty of games in the West Cornwall Sunday league, his belief is that Truro GWRSA are the best team from your area and that our Sunday cup tie next week will be a cracking match. Teams from our 2 leagues don't meet often enough.

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/carlyonarmsfc01/league_table.pl

Guest WendronSun

Crowntown 2 Wendron 7 (H-t 0 - 6)

Both sides managed only a bare eleven players and the referee (confirmed Tuesday) failed to show.

But, the game went on regardless and was enjoyed by all.

The scoreline doesn't reflect the play as the poor Crowntown keeper had a nightmare game, gifting four out of the 6 first half goals, losing all confidence in the process. In fact, despite being 6-0 down, Crowntown seemed to have at least as much of the play.

Second half, with a change goalie, Crowntown definitely saw more of the game. In fact Crowntown outscored Wendron 2-1.

Scorers for Crowntown Gareth Perry and Will Bain. For Wendron Jason Smith 4, Chris Lawrence 1, Aaron Richards 1, Mark Moyle 1.

Thank you to Jamie Reed for refereeing - I'm sure that he'll say that it wasn't the most difficult game to manage

Fair play to Crowntown, a good game and played in the right spirit! Today reminded me of the reasons why I love Sunday league. :c:

The result was a little flattering to us, but there were also some great finishing, particular Aaron Richards with a belter!!

We were ravaged by injuries, losing our captain and a few others, but the lads that took to the field did us all proud. Where and when on earth did Ross Ellis develop those skills?? :clapper:

The highlight of the game was a certain Crowntown player (who shall not be named) trying to imitate Wendrons Maltese international signing, Chris and his vocal ability..

I look forward to the Cup next week and i'm gutted that I am not able to play!!

Jamie

PZ Astropark 6 Shortlanesend 5

An excellent but damn nerve-racking game to watch :o , played very competitively in good spirit by both teams. Shortlanesend are a big side and used their height advantage extremely well at set pieces, while we had most of the possession. They scored 2 pens given due to pushes on a 6'6" giant and scored a much debatable diditcrosstheline? goal. Goals were traded regularly but Astropark finally went ahead late in the game and held out for a good win. Some great goals scored and some good passing football played by the lads today and nice to get back on the winning trail. :)

All in all a great advert for Sunday league, well reffed by Nigel and cheers to Shortlanesend, a great bunch of lads. Look forward to coming to yours later in the season. :smiley20:

An excellent but damn nerve-racking game to watch :o , played very competitively in good spirit by both teams. Shortlanesend are a big side and used their height advantage extremely well at set pieces, while we had most of the possession. They scored 2 pens given due to pushes on a 6'6" giant and scored a much debatable diditcrosstheline? goal. Goals were traded regularly but Astropark finally went ahead late in the game and held out for a good win. Some great goals scored and some good passing football played by the lads today and nice to get back on the winning trail. :)

All in all a great advert for Sunday league, well reffed by Nigel and cheers to Shortlanesend, a great bunch of lads. Look forward to coming to yours later in the season. :smiley20:

Who got the goals for Astros? :angry2:

Cheers to all the Wendron players for a great game, thoroughly enjoyed it. Both teams played in great spirit and a good bit of banter from both sides was good to see. Cheers to the ref aswell who did better than alot of the qualified refs that have reffed our games at times and even managed to make it educational after the umpteenth foul throw!

Look forward to playing you next week, I fancy our chances :clapper:

Fair comments from oldasitgets, pexbo and WendronSun concerning the Crowntown/Wendron match. It was a nice game to watch, and at times it was end to end! Although i didnt play i had a good workout though, i thought i did well, darting up and down the sidelines on my crutches trying to keep up with play and shouting (often unwanted!) advice to the Wendron players!!! :P

Indeed it was a very even game and could have been a very different story had Crowtowns second-half goalkeeper played the full 90!

Great attitude from both teams, Jamie did a top job with the whistle and it will certainly be an interesting game this Sunday in the Cup! Hopefully il be available, whether il retain my place in the team and keep the armband after our first win (without me playing aswell :unsure: ) remains to be seen!!! :D

:c:

Hell of a game but hats off to Penzance (best side we've played this season) who I thought deserved the win. It was a tough old game and the PZ number nine was a real handful. Don't think there was any doubt that my shot crossed the line :D - if I'm being honest I wasn't sure that it did cross the line but Nigel was in a pretty good position. Thought we'd rescued a point right at the end when my goal was disallowed for offside :o But there we go, still a great game of football and like you said jobysdad a great advert for the league. Good luck for the rest of the season!