Cornwall Football Forum

Buckland Ath 5 Bodmin Town 0

Great result for the Bucks, could of easily been 11-4, Bodmin hit woodwork twice when 3-0 down and had two good chances before Bucks opened scoring, Bodmins Hodges headed weakly at Bucks keeper from six yards. but then Miller made two great saves first half and after that another three or four in the second, Bodmin seemed to wound up, even in first five minutes they were shouting at every decision, the Bodmin manager was constantly argueing with the crowd in the stand and the keeper Miller took offence to pretty much any comment even squaring up to home supporters, what he forgets is last year pretty much the same comments but he joked and had a good laugh about it all, this year he takes offence and wants to fight. I am sure he done that with Stoke fans when he was a Pro. I can only think that perhaps the Bucks are to close for comfort ! Gilbert was sat in stand last year when Bucks lost 4-0 and the Bodmin supporters were calling us a load of Devon donkeys and not fit to play on there park, I guess thats ok though. Gilbert was screaming at the Ref when Hammon went down injured to make him walk off because of wasting time,

could not remember Bucks have a cardiac when Bodmin players went down and at the time 0-0 with only fifteen minutes gone ?? consequences the added time in first half Bucks scored there second ! Bodmin fans bemoaning added time !!!

Bodmin are a very good team, play good football and we all enjoyed watching them, some great young lads and although they had a couple tough games they are still red hot favorites for the title, but some how i can't see them recipricating a well done on the day, it will be ref, crowd etc etc etc. Fact is Bucks took there chances Bodmin didn't ! I am not to sure how many teams will have the mental toughness to beat them and i can only imagine the officials are still sat in a dark room trying to recover from the tirade of abuse.

As they say its tough at the top.

Guest Rydon Ranger

To be fair to Bodmin looking from the Dug-Out I thought they deserved a penalty in the first half when the score was 0-0, however, after talking to a neutral after the game who was behind the goal he said that Ben definately got the ball first and the Bodmin player made the most of it so I can see how hard it is for the referee. I also thought the officials got the big decisions right regarding the sednings off. Kevin can't get away with using that sort of language to the referee's assistant. :SM_carton:

I don't think the wheels have come off at Bodmin, rather than they are quite badly punctured.

Is it three games in a row they have lost now ? Falmouth, Saltash and Buckland ?

They are beatable and as shown on Saturday by a wide margin, every team will know that now, Buckland should have buried them at Priory Park but showed them too much respect, but that wasn't the case on Saturday and thrashed them.

Gilberts SWPL glory days are over and he will have to pull something big out of the box to get his team believing again, but in reality every other team is going to fancy its chances now and you will see Bodmin lose a few more times yet.

Also agree about the Ref..Bang on.

Guest Peppermint

I was interested to read Rydon Ranger's posting regarding the sending off of Kevin Miller for foul and abusive language. It certainly highlights the inconsistency of some officials when at a recent Vase tie spectators clearly heard a player use foul and abusive language to an assistant. The official did nothing and I did email the Referee to ask for his comments because I was reporting for the media but no reply was received from him.

If there was more consistency then at least players would know exactly where they are.

Guest Rydon Ranger

I agree Peppermint, we are all prone to the odd swear word when things go against us and I think officials and spectators are happy to put up with a little effing and blinding, but in Kevin's case the use of the 'C' word is deeply offensive and the referee and his assistant made the correct decision. :SM_carton:

The trouble with Kevin Miller is that he shouted See You Next Tuesday to the Linesman and quite correctly got booked after the linesman called the ref over.

As the ref was retreating he shouted further abuse to the linesman for getting him booked and instantly received a second yellow followed by the red.

It made no difference to Buckland they were already four up at this point.

How the hell did he only get a yellow in the 1st place? I thought the ref had to report what bookings were for, what would he put this down as? If he had stayed quiet after the yellow he then would have, basically, been allowed to call the lino a c***. That is shocking of the player and the ref!! Bet your backside the ref would probably book a junior player the following wk for a slightly protesting against a decision.

Such a pity that Bodmin Town lack any sportsmanship!

Without doubt, Bodmin Town have some talented players, but can any other team enjoy playing against them? If the Referee or his Assistants make any decision against Bodmin Town, there will be complaints from the likes of Gilbert or Miller.

Is it not time for the "Respect" campaign to be explained to Bodmin Town?

Before anyone defends the likes of Gilbert and Miller for their passion, there are lots of passionate people within football. But we do not lower ourselves to calling the Referee or Assistant a "C**T"! In my opinion, such language deserves a straight RED.