Cornwall Football Forum

mining 1 looking good

Guest mikey catterall

Guest mikey catterall

all the talk seems to involve illogan storm robartes st buryan tms but ive been impressed with alot of the teams in this divison and i think there will be a few shock results this season its not just about who wins the leauge its about what ur team can do in this tough divison that includes winning it a top 3 finish mid table battles and not to forget the mighty relegation battle goodluck to all teams im glad im playing in this divison :thumbsup:

anything other views on this topic ?

all the talk seems to involve illogan storm robartes st buryan tms but ive been impressed with alot of the teams in this divison and i think there will be a few shock results this season its not just about who wins the leauge its about what ur team can do in this tough divison that includes winning it a top 3 finish mid table battles and not to forget the mighty relegation battle goodluck to all teams im glad im playing in this divison :thumbsup:

Other then what i just put on another topic i havnt heard anything about tms.

but the league in my opinion is better then it has been for a long long time and i now belive its on par with the fal/hel from top to bottom :D

i have just come back to mining one after being away for a year and i have already seen vast improvements when we won this league 2 years running at Portreath there where 4 or 5 teams that could win this league and nothing has changed there but the other teams are a lot stronger and have better players saying that i feel that the fal hel league was always tougher to win and more physical and although not played in that league for some time i couldn't really comment. When at porteath we did beat st keverne and mawnan who finished in the top three that year behind chacewater so as said in other topics and quotes the top four or five in mining would compete quite well in fal hel as for the rest i think they would also do quite well in my opinion.

and mikey mate (league is spelt like this!! lol) sorry for the spelling lesson mate.

Guest mikey catterall

i have just come back to mining one after being away for a year and i have already seen vast improvements when we won this league 2 years running at Portreath there where 4 or 5 teams that could win this league and nothing has changed there but the other teams are a lot stronger and have better players saying that i feel that the fal hel league was always tougher to win and more physical and although not played in that league for some time i couldn't really comment. When at porteath we did beat st keverne and mawnan who finished in the top three that year behind chacewater so as said in other topics and quotes the top four or five in mining would compete quite well in fal hel as for the rest i think they would also do quite well in my opinion.

and mikey mate (league is spelt like this!! lol) sorry for the spelling lesson mate.

thats all right daz next time we meet i will show u another 2goals lol goodluck to u and storm for the season

" i cant read or write but i can drive a tractor"

Got to agree, Mining 1 is looking good & quite competetive, didnt watch the TMS or Robartes games but I managed to get to the Halestown & Four lanes games & I thought they looked a decent outfits. We have got Chacewater tomorrow & I know you never know what your up against untill the game starts up there.

I knew gaffer had assembled a decent squad & is sitting pretty up the top but theres a long way to go, TMS going great guns as well..Storm & St Buryan will be up there........but let me ask you a question.....

Would you prefer the Mining 1 Championship or the Junior cup.....?

Personally I would like the league, Dunn cup. Aurthur Peirce & Junior cup...dont think that will happen somehow.

a question.....

Personally I would like the league, Dunn cup. Aurthur Peirce & Junior cup...dont think that will happen somehow.

Very good question

it would be nice to see Tms win the mining league again but i think most people in junior football would probs say winning the junior cup is more of a achievement and also you get to play in front of a very good crowd in the final which alot of junior players may never get the chance to do again

I have always said that winning the league is far more important than winning any other cup

You play 34 games this season (I think) and have to be good in every game you play to stand a chance of winning the league plus anything can happen, You know those games where you turn up against a team lower than you and think 3 points today and in the bag but all of a sudden you lose

Excitement at its highest week in week out for me

Winning the junior cup for junior players would be like winning the F.A Cup at a professional level I would guess, Never done it myself although lost 2 area finals but I agree it is a good competition and one you need a little luck in, The draw does not matter and only last season when I was playing for Redruth Utd we knocked out one of the favourites in the first round (St Keverne) then beat Falmouth Albion who were doing well in Falmouth Helston 1 and then to cap it off we beat Robarts in the following round and they are a very good outfit

It was a mixture of luck and good play that got us where we did and losing to the eventual finalists Falmouth Athletic was no bad thing in my book

I wonder why baggie asked the question in the first place though lmfao :D

Hope your well baggie me old mate :thumbsup:

Got to agree, Mining 1 is looking good & quite competetive, didnt watch the TMS or Robartes games but I managed to get to the Halestown & Four lanes games & I thought they looked a decent outfits. We have got Chacewater tomorrow & I know you never know what your up against untill the game starts up there.

I knew gaffer had assembled a decent squad & is sitting pretty up the top but theres a long way to go, TMS going great guns as well..Storm & St Buryan will be up there........but let me ask you a question.....

i think to be honest the junior cup stands out because of the amount of teams that compete in it. if you win mining one or fal hel one or the duchy premier league that makes you the champions of those leagues . but to prove you are the best junior team in the county that season you probably need to win the junior cup .

put it this way baggie we both won the mining league and the junior cup in the same season if you had to give one of those medals back which one would it be . the decision would not be too hard for me

Guest Matty M87

i think its going to be a cracking battle for the top spots. have already played robartes and they are a very decent outfit. looking forward to seeing what else this league has to offer. i have been in my fair share of upsets (at both ends of the stick) and those experiences teach you that nothing is set in stone. anyone can beat anyone in this league. it all depends on what team turns up on the day. personally, i would be happy with top 5 but we will see what the season has in store