Cornwall Football Forum

Results Sunday 13th September

Wendron 3 Pz Astro Park 4

Worrying times this morning with 4 regular starters missing and just 12 players in total but the lads who came in did fantastic and after a shaky start conceding a goal straight from the kickoff we settled down and played our passing game to great effect, to lead 3-1 at halftime. Came under some serious pressure after the break and traded a couple of goals in the second half before conceding the 3rd with 10 mins or so to go. Missed a couple of sitters at the end that couldve made it more comfortable but overall a solid performance and you cant complain about 6 pts out of 6. Great stuff from the lads who played with seriously bad hangovers, particularly Corey Howes who was awesome in midfield, setting up all 4 goals. :clapper:

Best of luck to Wendron who are a good side and battled really well. Superb refereeing as always from Mike Carter (thank Christ you cleared up that penalty incident and saved me from missing from 12 yards!) and decent hospitality after, cheers!

Scorers

Antony Roberts 4 (MOTM this week, mate!) :thumbsup:

Tremough 3-0 West Cornwall

West Cornwall did not turn up today, not taking away from Tremough's performance on the day they were better organised and played better football throughout. The first goal came from a corner and some scrapppy defending from West Cornwaal led to as flick on being headed in from close range which the keeper could do nothing about. The second came not long after when a free kick was given on the edge of the box and was clinically despatched.

One incedent i should mention in the first half, which was a touch sour when the ball was played into the box and a Tremough player stooped down below waist heght to head away, i unfortunately caught him with my knee, giving him a quite large gash above the eye :(. I did appologise for this at the time, and can say i had no intention to hurt anyone and was going for the ball wholeheartedly. Unfortunately so was he, gota say rather brave stooping that low (talk about body on the line!!!). As you can imagin he had to be taken to hospital, So once again i appologise did not mean for that to happen.

Anyway the game went on half time couldnt come to soon for West Cornwall, but unfortunately more of the same after the break, and the game started to get a little bit scrappy with some bad challenges by both sides going in. Tremoughs final goal did come when a ball was played over the toop and caught out the West Cornwall defence.

Overall a bad day at the office, well done Tremough deserved it, see you at our place :c:

One incedent i should mention in the first half, which was a touch sour when the ball was played into the box and a Tremough player stooped down below waist heght to head away, i unfortunately caught him with my knee, giving him a quite large gash above the eye :(. I did appologise for this at the time, and can say i had no intention to hurt anyone and was going for the ball wholeheartedly. Unfortunately so was he, gota say rather brave stooping that low (talk about body on the line!!!). As you can imagin he had to be taken to hospital, So once again i appologise did not mean for that to happen.

Just to let yu know, i did hear ur apology but was a little dizzy at the time lmao. No worrys anyway, all part of the game i suppose. Altho i did laugh when the woman stitchin me up told me i was "too commited"... She just looked at me funny wen i told her that wasnt possible. good game anyway. for the half hour i saw anyway

Chatts at college you were imense, total legend miss you Damo :D

Barret in goal... :D

Chatts is quailty, as is Kempy

Good team. All hungover though i bet :drink:

thankz for saying im quality lol played shit been playing with injury since last sat then got nasty tackle second half which made me have to go in the sticks oh well pitch didn't help us being so narrow but they deserved it :angry2: