Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy 2, Early thoughts!!?

With the league now underway I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on how this season may pan out.

Being the Bere Alston manager we have come across a some decent sides so far. I thought Polperro were an ok side in that they work hard and have some tricky midfielders. Camelford potentially have two of the best centre midfielders in the league but as a team dont quite link up yet. The best so far has been Lost Withiel who also have a couple players that will cause problems on their day.

As for us (BERE) we have had a good start results wise, but feel we have a lot to work on to improve our team performances (as i think opponents who have seen us will agree). I think we have what it takes to challenge at the top this season mainly due to the strength and depth of our squad.

Was just wondering what other peoples thoughts on this league are at the moment?

I look forward to seeing most of you this season, and good luck (except against us :D )

Also was wondering who people thought were the most tallented players in our league this season?

Guest Mike Casey

With the league now underway I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on how this season may pan out.

Being the Bere Alston manager we have come across a some decent sides so far. I thought Polperro were an ok side in that they work hard and have some tricky midfielders. Camelford potentially have two of the best centre midfielders in the league but as a team dont quite link up yet. The best so far has been Lost Withiel who also have a couple players that will cause problems on their day.

As for us (BERE) we have had a good start results wise, but feel we have a lot to work on to improve our team performances (as i think opponents who have seen us will agree). I think we have what it takes to challenge at the top this season mainly due to the strength and depth of our squad.

Was just wondering what other peoples thoughts on this league are at the moment?

I look forward to seeing most of you this season, and good luck (except against us :D )

Also was wondering who people thought were the most tallented players in our league this season?

Thanks for the good comments about my 2 centre mid players!! :D i think we could be a very good side once we have played together a few more times, we had a very short pre-season and we only have 4 players in the team who survived from the season previously which makes us a very new side. Also we are a very young team with average age of approx 22 and with the addition of a few more players in the right positions (forward) we could have a strong season.

Opposition so far has been very strong with the likes of St Newlyn (big strong side) yourselves (where i thought we gave a good account of ourselves until near the end) Polperro (1st game of season and it showed for us) and then Holywell (we should have won really) but i think the 2nd division has some very good sides in it and will be a very open division.