Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City 1, Dobwalls 2

Credit to Dobwalls for their gritty performance tonight. Stunning opening goal by Adie Walton in the 4th minute and Dobwalls frequently looked dangerous going forward. Truro had a good side out that should have had the beating of Dobwalls but they harried and hassled non-stop, not letting Truro settle. They were fast to close down and snappy in the tackle, often catching Truro players in possession. Liam Eddy equalised (48) and I felt that Truro were going to score a hatful, but a really fundamental error in defence - the 'keeper called for an approaching cross but a defender appeared not to take any notice of him (rule 94!) and so the 'keeper was baulked, the ball fell to a Dobwalls player who was then brought down for a penalty (Matt Lindsay - 57). Even then Truro had so much possession but couldn't find Liam, Josh Grant and later Christian Letts as the Dobwalls back four gobbled up everything. When called to do his job, Jamie Castle in goal for Dobwalls was in good form. I still thought Truro were going to at least equalise with twenty minutes left but they began to play with desperation rather than good football far too soon. Dobwalls continued to close down and tackle quickly and earned their win.

It was a good game to watch and a draw probably would have been a fair result.

Dobwalls started the brighter and Adie Waltons goal was indeed a peach Tom.

Truro have a number of talented young players who will cause a few upsets this year and will only improve with experience at this level.

I agree that Truro panicked towards the end and played too much of the long ball which did them no favours.

Dobwalls will no doubt be delighted with the hard earned 3 points although losing both strikers at halftime must be a concern as Lee Caers is already sidelined.

Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.