Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL RESULTS Wednesday 26th August

ECPL RESULTS Wednesday 26th August

Premier Division

Bude Town 3 Morwenstow 1

Liskeard Athletic 0 Bere Alston United 5

Saltash United 3 Torpoint Athletic 4

Tavistock v Plymouth Parkway (postponed)

Division One

Millbrook 1 St Stephens Borough 2

Guest IT WASN'T ME REF

Good crowd at Millbrook, 3 people watching !

2 of then were reserves and the other one had lost his way, wanted to go and watch Saltash v Torpoint

match. :clapper: :clapper:

Bude 3 Moostow 1

A reasonable even game which we probably edged and deserved to win. Tommy Statton getting 2 of the goals and Steve Hackett the other after Dan Gifford had equalised for Moostow. Turning point in the game being a penalty miss by Ashley Thomas of Moostow at 1-1 then we missed a penalty of our own after Statton failed to get his hat trick when hitting the bar from the spot. A very good crowd too, approx 100-120. 4 wins out of 4 for Bude now which is a very good start and setting the pace with torpoint at the moment :thumbsup: :drink:

Haven't been hiding away cause of our poor start... :(

Had a few problems with my internet provider...(really should learn to pay the bill on time :P ).

Suffice to say, we managed to get ourselves up and running with a superb team performance at Liskeard last night, with a resounding 5-0 win!! :D

Have had an almost identical start to last season...

Lost 3-0 at home to Bodmin on the opening day...We were awful, but credit to Bodmin, under Nick Dowling they have some useful new faces and took advantage of three defensive mistakes and punished us accordingly.

They've had a good start and will be a lot closer to Torpoint this time around judging by their early season form.

Drew 1-1 with local rivals Tavy

Typical derby game...first 20 minutes were pretty frenetic, then once we settled I thought we were the better side for about an hour and deservedly took the lead courtesy of a close range finish from Dan Pethick, but were denied the 3pts when Paul Adcock headed Tavy level with ten minutes to go.

Heard prior to the Torpoint game that Gats had resigned as Tavy manager and would like to wish him all the best, hope he gets things sorted and is back in management soon (gonna miss the banter).

Lost 2-0 at home to Torpoint at the wekend and on the basis of that game, although it's very early days I'd say they didn't look as strong as last season but will still be the team to beat, cause like all championship winning sides they can still dig out results when they aren't playing particularly well.

As was the case against us.

First half was pretty even with Torpoint threatening and our defence holding firm. In the early stages of the 2nd half, I thought we took the game to Torpoint without really having many clear cut chances.

The game had 0-0 written all over it, when inexplicably.....

Dan Pethick got hauled to the ground on the edge of the Torpoint penalty area (stone wall free kick)

Only person in the ground who didn't think so was the referee and to make matters worse, when our captain Will Westlake complains, the ref gives Torpoint a free kick on the edge of our box instead.

Although they didn't score from the free kick it completely changed the flow of the game and within minutes Dean Cardew had headed Torpoint in front and added a neat second a few minutes later....Game over.

And so on to last night at Liskeard....Three first teamers (Jason King, Bradley Richardson and Mike Norman) in their squad and the writing it seemed was on the wall.

However, after a hearty team talk, a couple of changes and despite still missing three 1st team regulars, We proceeded to put on the best 90 minute display since I have been in charge and with a little better finishing, could have won more convinvingly.

Goals on the night from...Dan Pethick (2), Mike Curtis (2) and Zac Beesley.

Just one final mention for the Liskeard right winger (Flint?), caught late by my LB (for which he was rightly booked) and caught his studs in the ground as he fell awkwardly and had to leave the field with a suspected broken ankle....Hopefully the injury was not as bad as first feared and needless to say, Bere Alston wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.