Cornwall Football Forum

Friendlies Saturday 15th August 2009

Was this a one off guest appearance gaffer or are you back playing...?

Not a one off mate, but defo a pre season run out as we had a few out. Enjoyed it tho.

Gaffer Has Put In A String Of Appearances During,Pre Season....Not Looking Out Of Place At All And Equalled His Perfromance With a Top Goal!! Well Done Durn!! (Turkey Time)

Not a one off mate, but defo a pre season run out as we had a few out. Enjoyed it tho.

You're a long time retired so its best to get as much game time as you can at our age...lol.

I think we got you boys 2nd or 3rd game, looking forward to the season now I think its gonna be very competitve this year....Mining league looking quite strong.

You're a long time retired so its best to get as much game time as you can at our age...lol.

I think we got you boys 2nd or 3rd game, looking forward to the season now I think its gonna be very competitve this year....Mining league looking quite strong.

Yes Mate Will Be Strong This Year!! :clapper:

Camborne Park 4 - Carharrack res 5!! (At Troon)

I would like to thank Pete and the lads for this game played in good spirt and some great goals were scored. Carharrack res yet agen slow out the block and Park punished them for this. i dont no there scorers apart from a young lad called chris and obv pete with a well taken goal and next thing you knew park were 3-0 up after 30 mins and carharrack looked all at sea to be honest. But a ray of hope was given when young left back alex pushed towards half-time and a corner came out and he had no hesitation in rifling a left footed scream from 30 yards to the back of the net to give carharrack a chance on half time.

half time = 3-1

It seemed chown came up with an inspirational team talk and the lads flew out the blocks with a passion and it must of been no longer than 5 minutes before Ben Cox squeezed the ball into the net 2 make it 3-2. Camborne seemed shocked and this continued as 5 mins later monty eased past the park def and slotted in to make things level 3-3. Game on!!

with both teams pushing for the decisive win it was end to end but carharrack seemed to of got it with 10 mins left sy stephens ran through to eligently chipped the advancing goalkeeper to send the away fans off and carharrack were lookin at the win. 3-4 carharrack res.

but this was very short lived Park pushed and 2 mins latter things were level the lad who had a gd game for park at left back stepped up for a 20 yard free-kick and smashed it in the far corner! 4-4!

things were now tight clearences goin astray but it took 2 mins of coolness on the ball and a wild challenge saw carharrack win a freekick. unfortunatly a lad didnt like this from camborne park and argued with the ref and was given a red card for foul and abusive language :SM_carton: . now the freekick could be taken. up stepped jenkins far left hand side on touchline .. he stepped up .. o o o o o o o o goallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll! straight in the back of the net. carharrack 5-4 up now. what a game!! carharrack kept the ball for final few minutes and did them selfs proud!! :yahoo::yahoo:

would like say thank you agen to pete and the lads. and best of luck in the season!!

My first win as manager and how the beer flowed that night!!!

:drink::drink: :drink: