Cornwall Football Forum

statement from portreath

Guest meady

Guest meady

Hi All

Here is the news I was afraid I would have to announce one day. As most people know, Portreath AFC has been going through a tough time with various events and for many reasons the Club will be disbanding with immediate effect. Many people within the Club have worked extremely hard over the years and continue to work endlessly to try and keep the Club going. I will not go into details with the reasons behind it all but the Club felt it was better to disband now than start the season and mess up all the fixtures and upset the players more so that now. The Club financially was in a good position but I felt that all the other circumstances that we could not accept sponsorship money when knowing that the Club could give very little back. The Club has enough funds to clear all outstanding debts. We came into this owing nothing and will exit the same way.

Finally I would like to say thank you to everyone within the Club and from other Clubs that have helped me over the years and will look back on what we have achieved with fond memories. I wish all past and present players the best for the future and I am sure we will all continue to see each other. It is goodbye from him and goodbye from me.

cheers

Meady

Andy I know what this has cost you to do and you have my sympathies, everyone at Storm will miss our rivalry and competition that pushed both clubs forward.

You have done a lot more than people realise for football in Cornwall and I hope you don't dissappear of the radar mate as I'm sure there are plenty of clubs that would love to have someone like you involved, ours included.

Good Luck for the future mate from all at Storm.

Matt.

A sad loss for Cornish Football I have to say :(

Having played against Portreath for a number of years now and seeing the success that came to the club including the Junior cup it is a big shame that this has happened, I know how hard you and other people have worked Meady and I wish you all the best for the futre

Guest bunditheboss

loyal players at the club are talking to andy mead about a possible take over of the club and carrying on, portreath is a great club and would be a shame for them to just dissapear so we are looking into keeping the club going but need to sort out finances and other things before we can go ahead, if anyone out there is interested plaease contact me asap as we need as much help as pssible if we are to pull this off

very difficult to keep attracting players to a small club, really only the players to blame for all walked away when the going got tough after last season, then the manager follows because he can only attract so many players,have done this myself so its hard but a shame all the same. i can only imagine a certain manager must be chuffed hes got a pitch all to himself :lol::lol: :lol:

Guest rick portreath

i dont think anyone will be chuffed he has the pitch to himself, portreath will be fulfilling the combo league fixtures this season i know the players there are also working like mad to fulfil there mining fixtures aswell, i am sure bundi will post on here soon and explain all but he is still looking for help of any kind if anyone is interested

sorry to hear about your demise meady and rick i know how much you have both put into your club.having been involved in starting up clubs myself i know the commitment and effort that is required.lots that goes on behind the scenes that people do not know about.playing on the saturday is the easy bit.hopefully you can sort something out, if i can help in any way give me a shout :c:

Guest bunditheboss

thankyou for the kind words everyone and just to let everyone know, we will be keeping portreath alive this season, we will being keeping our combo side going and not entering a team into mining league.

a new committe was elected tonight.

i would like to thank all the players that have dug deep into there own pockets in some occassions and made portreath able to continue this year, i would also like to thank THE GREEN ROOM in redruth as they will be our watering hole this year and one of our many sponsors for this years campaign!!!!!

i would also like to thank andy mead who is in the background at portreath and offered his help this year if needed and say thank you to him and wish him all the luck and let him know we are thinking about him.

bring on ludgvan saturday, we cant wait to get this season underway!!!!!