Cornwall Football Forum

Wendron Utd FC Vs Mullion FC

Wendron host Mullion on Thurs eve, should be a good run out for both teams.

And as this will be only our 2nd game of pre-season-we should be looking at improving our match sharpness for the season opener next Saturday at home to Plymstock-cant wait!

i beleive k.o is 6.45

A good game tonight played in good spirits by both teams. A fanatstic performance from all the boys and nice to see some quality signings.

I know it was Mullion combo-but you can only beat what is put infront of you and Mullion have a very good team for this season and will suprise a few as will we so a big thanks to all at Mullion for a great game.

Me being me, im goin to claim the first!!! lmao!!! came off my big toe honest! ask Dave Toy!! lol and Alan Rogers got the second, not sure of the Mullion scorer.

The first 40 mins we dominated play and being only our first match together (different side again to the one that played Launceston) i thought we played some lovely football and if only i could have put away my 104 good chances we could have been cruising! :lol:

But fair play to Mullion who came out second half and pulled one back and kept battling and began to dominate 15mins in to second period. But a lovelly move which led to the winner was finished with a lovely glancing header into the far corner by Alan.

after all that has happened at the club in recent times-it really does seem to have been smoothed out and the future is looking bright.

A big well done to our new signings Ryan Tresidder and Jay Blewett-both had great games and a big well done to everybody who played tonight.

Hopefully when im fit and can run/walk properly i might put one of those chances away!! lol

Spirits are higher than ever in the Wendron camp and we cant wait for the season opener Sat week against Plymstock-but we do have a friendly i beleive on Monday night against Falmouth res which i and a few of the lads from today cant make but im sure they will do just fine.

Good luck to Mullion for the season and thanks for the game :smiley20: