Cornwall Football Forum

2nd teams challenging for combo title

Guest john

What is everyones feelings on the subject of 2nd teams like Falmouth, Penryn, e.t.c going for Combo title? I am not saying this is the aim of these teams but just say if it was, is it a good thing? Or should reserve teams in their respective leagues bring on young players for the first team and just aim for a mid table position?

Depends on the structure of the club john,at hayle we are building a club, not a peninsula side and a seperate combo side.Every player will sign both forms and attempt to play at pen league standard,performances will be monitered and hopefully both sides will be successful.We will also be concentrating on playing our youth players as well so i see no reason why we can,t be successful and bring on youth players tol. :c:

Depends on the structure of the club john,at hayle we are building a club, not a peninsula side and a seperate combo side.Every player will sign both forms and attempt to play at pen league standard,performances will be monitered and hopefully both sides will be successful.We will also be concentrating on playing our youth players as well so i see no reason why we can,t be successful and bring on youth players tol. :c:

Well done to you. :thumbsup:

Too many clubs at this level are set up as 2, or sometimes 3, seperate teams with no integration or progression/regression of players between the sides. As long as '2nd team players' in form are given the correct opportunities at the right times to gain 1st team recognition; and '1st team players' actually see the benefit of recovering from an injury or loss of form with a game or two at a lower level to find their feet, then both teams should benefit and with the right coaching methods and communication between the staff then success can (in my opinion) have a better chance of happening over a longer-term basis.

Well done to you. :thumbsup:

Too many clubs at this level are set up as 2, or sometimes 3, seperate teams with no integration or progression/regression of players between the sides. As long as '2nd team players' in form are given the correct opportunities at the right times to gain 1st team recognition; and '1st team players' actually see the benefit of recovering from an injury or loss of form with a game or two at a lower level to find their feet, then both teams should benefit and with the right coaching methods and communication between the staff then success can (in my opinion) have a better chance of happening over a longer-term basis.

Well done to u Professer. I agree with everything you have said, but you know as much as me it does not happen like that. A first team player is unavailable, the 2nd team player gets his chance and its up to that player to take it. He could have the game of his life and be dropped the following week, no explanation. It happens all the time. And it probably will never change! :SM_carton:

Prof you are spot on with what you say,but so is Father Gash,i think unless you are a (name)certain clubs and managers will ---- on people from a great height.Last season for example Pz played a couple of players in their 40's with youngsters on the bench,2 of these young players have now moved on whilst the so called big names are still there. :( :ninja: