Cornwall Football Forum

New Management team

Just like to announce that Storm res have a new management team in place, the legends that are Steve Winters and David Price have agreed to guide the team through preseason and beyond, their first game in charge was a 3-2 defeat vs Chacewater 1sts, however with a few players out this was a great result and on another day could have been a win!

The pitch looked fantastic after finally having the chance to get it cut and it will be rolled this week wembly watch this space....

Any players interested in joining the good times happening at Storm! training is tuesday 6.30 on the training pitch at Storm.

contacts:

Steve Winter : 07935220369

David Price : 07853196858

Think you missed the point about MANAGEMENT TEAM!!!

Dave is unfortunately injured and will miss most of the season, so has decided to help out in a management role.

I go back to the point of Storm legend! Dave is fast becomming one due to his love and committment to the cause!

Guest bunditheboss

i think pricey will do a great job, shame he is injured as he deserves to be part of the success you guys will have this year, good luck pricey!!!!!

i think pricey will do a great job, shame he is injured as he deserves to be part of the success you guys will have this year, good luck pricey!!!!!

Dont want to seem like im picking on u Bundi but dont think storm will win anything this season might be up there again but not quite :unsure:

Guest bunditheboss

marksey you always pick on me lol, but i am used to it by now, i hope they do well they seem to be going places and they have alot of ambition there, good luck to you this year marksey and i actually mean it!!!!!

marksey you always pick on me lol, but i am used to it by now, i hope they do well they seem to be going places and they have alot of ambition there, good luck to you this year marksey and i actually mean it!!!!!

Bloody hell Bundi im welling up here :yahoo: i will see u in a few weeks loser buys the beer :thumbsup:

I can agree Marksy is actually a nice bloke.

I remember the words he first said to me "So you think you are a good player then eh?"... I was only young and nearly my pants!

Anyway, seriously. With respect to the rest of the teams in Mining 2 it is no good putting a half decent side out this season as it seems like teams such as Illogan, Titans, West Cornwall etc will walk all over you. With that in mind I am keen to put together a strong side that will be challenging throughout the season.

I am inviting any players that fancy a crack at one of the toughest leagues around at the moment to give me a call or PM me. We run good training sessions and will be a fun club to play for this season. We have a good side, that gave Chacewater a very tough test on Saturday, and hopefully more players to add to that.

We already have a strong team with a couple of good signings recently; that have provided some youth and some experience. I am looking forward to the season ahead and a new challenge for myself. I am also looking forward to working with Steve Winters, who is an exceptional person in terms of football knowledge and experience. If he is able to sort out other commitments then the plan is that I get seen to by the doctors, and play, while he takes full controll of the team.

Lets hear from you folks! ( I hope this isn't classed as bigging ourselves up!)

07853196858 Dave Price

Dont want to seem like im picking on u Bundi but dont think storm will win anything this season might be up there again but not quite :unsure:

Why Marksy???????? different team this year,,, how can you say that!!!!!! all i can say is watch this space!!!!! and marksy if we do win something well humble pie, if you are correct then fair play, but what do you base your opinion on never seen you at our games????

this discussion sums up the silly threads on who will win what league. nobody knows until a ball is kicked in anger. do people seriously think that real madrid or man city will win everything just because they have spent the most money <_< i know what marksey is trying to say. mining 1 will be very competitive this year and storm have aspirations to win the league but so do a few other teams. as was proved last year with troon. everyone thought they would run away with the league.but for what ever reason they did not.some times outside influences dictate how the league is won. :c: you know maksey his daytime job is with the diplomatic corp. :wacko: :drink:

Postman Pat, I could not agree more :clapper:

This thread started out as (New Management team) and has ended up like a few other threads on the forum about Storm winning Mining 1

The only thing I will say is that pre season friendlies are there for a reason and that’s to get your teams fitness up and also a chance to get to know your new team mates (If your new to a club) and also learn how to play together as a (TEAM) They are not about results because there are no points at stake it is what you take from each match that is important and putting right the wrongs in the following game so that once the season starts every Manager/Assistant Manager and player knows where they are at and what needs to be done

I have not seen Illogan on here shouting the odds or Robarts who I understand will be strong this season so as stated let us see how the season shapes up once the football starts

I think it is clear that Storm FC are not shouting the odds either!

The people that are talking about us are members of other clubs, the message from Storm is that the new managers in the first team are targeting promotion. I haven't seen any mention of winning leagues, cups or anything else for that matter. The people that seem most interested in Storm apear to be the Troon boys ( and abviously a few old members of the club!), but that is a bit of local banter which you will always get. The teams now play in different leagues so it is not even about a challenge between the 2 clubs either.

In terms of this topic it WAS about Storm FC res team, and Steve Winters and I taking over. We are both very impressed with the squad that we have but once again have not made any comments about winning anything.

Unfortunately this is another case of Storm FC being talked about that comes across badly for the club. I really wish people would understand that although we are ambitious, we are not arrogant in any way!

note to self.... breeeeathe!

Marksy!

If you do hve to eat humble pie can I have a slice? :unsure:

NO :clapper: Seen bruv yesterday possible move on the cards but early doors,as for this original post good luck to u mate nice fella, good player and sure for the time ur out u will do a good job with the lads in the seconds:thumbsup:

Cheers mate,

I sent bro a text trying to get him to play for us... never even got a reply. Sad when family can't stick together eh? ha.(Although got little bro in my squad!) Good luck, he mentioned ages ago that he was considering Titans. Good player to have in the team, I think he is very under-rated by a few people.

Cheers mate,

I sent bro a text trying to get him to play for us... never even got a reply. Sad when family can't stick together eh? ha.(Although got little bro in my squad!) Good luck, he mentioned ages ago that he was considering Titans. Good player to have in the team, I think he is very under-rated by a few people.

he is a good player when he gets going not had much oppurtunity at illogan under mikey( needless to say u cannot fault what he achieved last year with his team) so maybe a new challenge to rebuild his self confidence we will see. :unsure:

Guest kopidol8

Good luck Pricey top man, top player. Love to see you back on tour again maybe end of this season? Take this man on at downing a pint at your peril! So long as no pickled eggs are involved then even i have a chance lol :drink: :drink: