Cornwall Football Forum

best player in the ecpl?????

Guest cornishgreen

we have half a side who could easilly play peninsula west for a mid table side such as foxhole or camelford. just because you play in the peninsula doesnt mean that your better than players in the EC leagues. alot of players tend to play with their mates rather than the mamouth amount of travelling done in these higher leagues. there are some excellent players in the EC Leagues, take Plymouth Parkway from last season, and bude. Lewis young of Parkway, and Billy Hoptcroft of bude, both county youth players and shinning in the East Cornwall Leagues, i think billy has even stepped up to Bideford. alot of talent in these leagues. it will be interesting to see how Parkway and bude fair in the ECPL this season, as ive not saw alot of that league, but hopefully we will be playing up there next season!!!

Guest cornishgreen

having watched them last season down at blaise park, i have to agree Parkway looked very good. however not all of their team could play at a higher standard, like all teams there were some areas of weakness, such as the left back and one of the centre halfs looked a bit suspect, but going forward, in lewis young and the tall skinny target man, they have a fine front pairing, and smith in the middle and the left winger looked particularay good. these boys could go on to make names for themselves. have all the squad stayed together this season? hope so, as they could seriously mount a challenge in ECPL this year. Best of luck to the Parkway boys from all at st blazey ECL.

Guest Paulo Porkchop

Surley Chris Kitson has to have a mention,after all he`s been the top goalscorer for the last 3 or 4 season`s,nobody ever get`s close to him in the goalscoring chart`s.

To be fair, Sticker have got a few players capable of playing at a higher standard and are well led by Andy Avery in CM....Despite all Kitson's goals, it's Avery that sets the tone for their performances with his leadership in the middle of the park.

Jack Walker, gives Dan Chapman a run for his money as the best RB in the league and they have 3 or 4 young lads that played for the successful Cornwall U18 side too.

Sticker will do well to hold on to them if the Peninsula big boys from St Austell and St Blazey come calling.

Torpoint have almost a full squad of players easily capable of stepping up, the pick of which would be Lewis Kershaw and Luke Avis-Riordan for me.

Lewis isn't prolific like Kitson at Sticker, but is very clever in and around the box and probably makes as many as he scores and Luke is the best winger in the league...Hasn't got blistering pace, but he is the best crosser of a ball I've seen at that level.

Lewis Young at Parkway is another great young talent, bit cocky but that's what makes him the player he is.

Be good to see how some of the ECPL Premier defenders 'Deal' with him this season.

It'll be good to see how Liam Sandercock at Bude recovers from his broken leg....he's another young lad that stared for Cornwall U18's and one that I rate very higly indeed.

To be fair, Sticker have got a few players capable of playing at a higher standard and are well led by Andy Avery in CM....Despite all Kitson's goals, it's Avery that sets the tone for their performances with his leadership in the middle of the park.

Jack Walker, gives Dan Chapman a run for his money as the best RB in the league and they have 3 or 4 young lads that played for the successful Cornwall U18 side too.

Sticker will do well to hold on to them if the Peninsula big boys from St Austell and St Blazey come calling.

Torpoint have almost a full squad of players easily capable of stepping up, the pick of which would be Lewis Kershaw and Luke Avis-Riordan for me.

Lewis isn't prolific like Kitson at Sticker, but is very clever in and around the box and probably makes as many as he scores and Luke is the best winger in the league...Hasn't got blistering pace, but he is the best crosser of a ball I've seen at that level.

Lewis Young at Parkway is another great young talent, bit cocky but that's what makes him the player he is.

Be good to see how some of the ECPL Premier defenders 'Deal' with him this season.

It'll be good to see how Liam Sandercock at Bude recovers from his broken leg....he's another young lad that stared for Cornwall U18's and one that I rate very higly indeed.

Hi CoachKT

Always nice to hear your views on this forum as you say alot of worth while things. Pity a few more of us don't do the same. You have always got a good word for your team (Bere Alston) and a good word for other teams. You also give stick when stick has to be given out, many thanks once again.

Although it galls me to say it, we have an abundance of exceptionally talented players at st Dennis at the moment, we have 3 very talented Rickards that have all been targeted by Peninsula sides. Chris Brown who is far and away the best lefty in the 2 ECPL leagues and Richard Hawke who is the most talented player in ECPL for years.

So in summing up, 'Richard Hawke' would be my vote, anyone who has seen him play would not disagree!

Guest budeno4

Hi CoachKT, cheers for rating me highly and has given a confidence boost, but went doctors on Tuesday and they said that i can have my metal out my leg next april but said that i shouldnt go back to contact sport for another couple of months, so hopefully be back around christmas time, but will hoefully see you when u visit Bude or when we pop upto Bere!

Hi Liam / Bude No4, Sorry to hear about the delay in your return to football... Bude are due down at Bere Alston on 03/10 so it looks like you'll miss that one, but the return at Bude is on 30/01 next year, so would expect you to be back by then (hope you have a shocker that afternoon though :D ).

As for the praise mate, I only say it as see it (normally) and you seem to have a wise head on young shoulders and play like it.

Thought you were being looked at by Exeter City mate, has anything come of that?

Guest budeno4

Yeah hopefully back January time, but will defiently pop down bere when we come down there, and thanks again for the praise.

I didnt hear anything about Exeter City, where did that come from?