Cornwall Football Forum

Bere Alston United - Friendly Results This Week

Tuesday 28th July

Gunnislake 3 Bere Alston United 2

Awful performance to a man from start to finish, usually we have one shocking friendly each season (last year it was a 3-1 defeat at St Dominick) and so far this is it this time round.

Match was played on the North Face at St Anns Chapel, but no excuses.....We should have all stayed at work and done overtime!!

Thursday 30th July

St Cleer 0 Bere Alston United 6

Regardless of the result, it was the performance, after Tuesday's debacle against Gunnislake, that was more important.

I think St Cleer lost a few when Russ Hale went to Liskeard Reserves and on last nights showing St Cleer, having been promoted to Duchy Premier have got a long hard season on their hands.

For us (Bere Alston), it's on to play the Royal Marines up in Exeter tomorrow :blink: ....Pre-season is supposed to be hard!!! :o :o

When do you train? Dan should have known how to play on that pitch better than anyone coz none of our lot ever have.

Funny that you mention the pitch, i can remember playing Yelverton up at Bere Alston year's ago and our lot moaned about playing on a side of a mountain.

Mark Endacott actually stopped the match when he pointed to the sky and said look at the size of that Bat when we all looked up it was someone flying a black kite, he was a nutter mind.

Not complaining about the pitch as it had nothing to do with the result, other than on the night, Gunnislake adapted to it better than we did.

What was more concerning was that they got at us right from the word go and my lads just weren't at the races.

All three of Gunni's goals had a degree of fortune about them, the first from a free kick glanced off Westy's head and left my CD's flat footed...although the lad took it well

2nd and 3rd goals were both deflected past a stranded Craig Howells, but fair play to Gunni they had us at sixes and sevens at the time anyway.

Gunni rode their luck a bit in the 2nd half but still caused us problems at the back and their 2nd half keeper made two great saves late on to deny us a share of the spoils which would have been rough justice on what had gone on before.

Had a stonewall pen denied too, but hey ho as an ECPL Premier side we should have played an awful lot better and in the end we got what we deserved on the night....bugger all!! :angry2: