Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash ECPL v Torpoint Duchy Premier Friendly

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Saltash 1 v Torpoint 3 (Bates 2, Stacey 1)

Great game and a credit to our Team from the duchy league showed we are more than capable of punching above our weight while quite easily cruising past a good solid Saltash team.

Im over the moon with everyone of my squad who worked their socks off and showed that the fitness is looking good and our tactics are paying off,well done boys.

Hope that sends a message to our rivals in our competitions this year, that we are ready for battle!!!!!

By the way the pitch was like a carpet,hats off to the groundsman-superb!!!

Guest BATESY NO 9

I have to agree with the gaffer, every position in the team looked strong and to beat the runners up of the ECPL in the manner we did has filled us with high aspirations for the new season.

on a personal note the team looks alot fitter than the start of last season and we are starting to get rid of the mistakes that cost us the league last year.

Roll on 15th august

oh and top marks to the ashes groundsman the pitch was fantastic

:thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Get on buys. All this 'how good are we' crap and 'look at us' must run right through your club! You won a pre season friendly- big deal! How can you tell who was on holiday or working in friendly's? You can't cause managers are always looking at fringe players! And that shite about last years runners up? Not 1 player from last year is still there!! Just like your 2nd team i hope you lot come unstuck this year, none of you are as good as what you think you are

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Is that why Brinton Nute was playing for Saltash you silly boy!!!!!!

You sound like someone that cant get a game!!!

Chuffed to bits with my side that played a strond talented Saltash experienced side.

Torpoint has Quality running through all of its sides so read and weep little chap!!!!!

No such thing as friendly!!!!

Is that why Brinton Nute was playing for Saltash you silly boy!!!!!!

You sound like someone that cant get a game!!!

Chuffed to bits with my side that played a strond talented Saltash experienced side.

Torpoint has Quality running through all of its sides so read and weep little chap!!!!!

No such thing as friendly!!!!

Rumor has it he was only playing to keep fit as he is off to America in two weeks. It wasnt really that good a team you beat, and wasn't it their first game?!

Guest BATESY NO 9

so in that case Saltash will struggle in their league this season, i actually thought they had alot of good players that have played a good standard for many years.

nevermind

i still think it was a good result and why shouldn't our gaffer be proud of the team

guess the league will tell its own story for both teams this year

good luck

:D :D

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I would call a team beating a team 2 leagues higher a good result!!!

As for players playing for fitness what do you think we were doing?????

There is a lot of anti- Torpoint out there and i hope it comes round and bites you on the ass!

Saltash definately had the better of the first half and that showed in the scoreline , 4 subs at half time defo had an effect on the result but thats what friendly's are for. Saying that , i'm not taking anything away from Torpoint who played like a team that have played together for a few years , which they have and oviously relished the chance of playing in Kimberley which no doubt raised thier game.

Brinton Nute IS going away in few weeks and was just sitting on the bench to add to numbers, as it happens it was handy him being there with the ref sending players off every 5 mins !!!!!

Saltash will defo improve game on game and will be ready for the start of the season , even with the mega tough start.....

Can't see anyone getting near Torpoint in the Duchy with the experience they have and quality in thier side.

I maybe wonder about some of the players desire to play at a higher level , which they could but its up to them .

Good luck for the season Saltash and Torpoint. :c:

anti torpoint attitude? why? maybe your attitude on this site is 95% of this. you obviously manage them well and have a decent side but hell you ram it down our throats a bit. the world doesn't revolve around torpoint centre of excellence, they may be the best team in duchy at mo but league has plenty more teams to discuss....calm it down a little man ...please :SM_carton_y:

Guest ECPL Supporter

I think it's time to start ignoring this blatant anti Torpoint person. This thread is no different to any other pre season thread on here. We're at the stage now where managers are looking at their squad to make sure they're ready for the 1st game of the season, and there is no better way than playing games and comparing yourselves to other teams as a guidline. Tafc Gaffa has played a team 2 divisions higher and more than matched them which for him shows him that his pre season is going to plan, so what is wrong with enjoying that. The trouble is 90% of people don't realise what work managers put in behind the scenes, so if they can't enjoy it when things are going well then what's the point?!

I've got my suspicions who this person is and i will be taking no notice of his posts from now on

i am just pointing out that people have to look at themslves a bit if negative posts are becoming a trend. i am not an anti torpoint person and have never even visited the town but i do see the scores, pre match waffle, barracking, deliberation, gloating, and occasional smugness on this site. I certainly am not belittling their fine recent form and result vs saltash....think you have the wrong end of the stick ecpl chappie and yes everyone should enjoy winning etc but surely as englishmen we are taught at a young age to win and lose with the same dignity and decorum and usually with a modicum of understatement aren't we?

Guest ECPL Supporter

My last post wasn't about you mongoose, it was about never touched him ref. If you read his previous posts you will see what i mean

Guest tafc.-gaffa

i am just pointing out that people have to look at themslves a bit if negative posts are becoming a trend. i am not an anti torpoint person and have never even visited the town but i do see the scores, pre match waffle, barracking, deliberation, gloating, and occasional smugness on this site. I certainly am not belittling their fine recent form and result vs saltash....think you have the wrong end of the stick ecpl chappie and yes everyone should enjoy winning etc but surely as englishmen we are taught at a young age to win and lose with the same dignity and decorum and usually with a modicum of understatement aren't we?

Im not complaining about the banter and pre-match waffle but when people take swipes then its hard not to react to which i am guilty of. I suppose being in charge of a top successfull team and being part of a club that hold the Ecpl champions and that is moving forward every year does make some people jealous.

As for being gracious in defeat, i always have but it still never beats the feeling of pulling off great results and being able to talk about it down the pub or on here!!!

Get on buys. All this 'how good are we' crap and 'look at us' must run right through your club! You won a pre season friendly- big deal! How can you tell who was on holiday or working in friendly's? You can't cause managers are always looking at fringe players! And that shite about last years runners up? Not 1 player from last year is still there!! Just like your 2nd team i hope you lot come unstuck this year, none of you are as good as what you think you are

Ah well, i was awesome! Also it sounds like you need to take up golf mate! :P