Cornwall Football Forum

Storm v falmouth town combo game played last night at Storm!

This game was a good chance to see what we have on the park seen a lot of the boys in training so tasky made a lot of changes during the game and played players in different positions to see what they have and falmouth did the same thing.

The game started with fal dominating the early exchanges and creating several chances, they passed it very well and found it easy at first to break down the storm defence but to ne evail at first. Fal dominated midfield and where able to find lots of room, storm had there first chance 20 mins in where matt osborne broke into fal area and shot at the keeper. Titchy was having a good game up front and was a good outlet for storm but on the half hour fal broke down the left and scored the first goal 1 - 0 After this storm came back into the game and created a couple of chance with mitchy crossing from the wing but no one getting on the end, a free kick from mitchy which was directed onto danny watts head was headed wide and then titchy did some great work and managed to create an opening and slotted past the fal keeper 1 - 1. The game pettered out a bit and fal scored a good goal right on half time so 2 - 1 ht.

The second half started with several changes been made by both managers, storm started the better again creating chances but unable to find the net falmouth scored again on the break and the keeper had no chance with a cracking strike from 30 yards straight into the top corner. the game was then end to end with fal scoring again from a rebound as the keeper tried to clear.

This game was a good work out and we would like to thank falmouth and paul murray for giving us a good work out and i wish them every success for 2009/10 season.

Thanks taffy!!

Whoever you are you seem to be insightful and a good judge of player!! :smiley20:

Seriously though I really enjoyed it last night and nearly scored a blinder, it was good to just play as I have missed 2 seasons through injury and various other reasons. <_<

I would have called my nutmeg but I was so out of breath I couldn't speak..

Cheers to falmouth for a good game in a good spirit, you have some good young lads there who will be assets for years to come..