Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL 1

Guest cornishgreen

Guest cornishgreen

st blazey have a strong side this year, alot of youth, mixed with players who have been around a bit at a higher standard. dont think they will win the league, but they will cause alot of upsets to the top teams, very fit and strong outfit this season.

Elburton to win the league

lifton bottom

St blazey have made some good signings and will do well. Speaking to an elburton villa contact looks like they have kept most of their side but there trialists still had the jury out on them. Assuming edgecome keept their players i think they will be my favourites. As for st stephens borough, they will be up there but losing dave wilkinson will be a massive blow. Supprise package st dominic.

My top 5

Edgecome

Elburton

St Dominic

St blazey

St Stephens bourough

Guest Alex Haste

I dont think losing Dave Wilkinson will be to much of a shame, we have brought in alot of great players young, old and experienced with the ability to pass the ball lil better plus there is now the competion for every place and not favourtism. 2 friendlies in and we are working better together as a unit more then what we did last year, I personally think that we are still a team to watch this season especially after losing out by 2 points last season and just mising promotion

My Top 3

St Stephens Borough

Elburton Villa

St Blazey

sorry its only what ive been told that the pitch is a nightmare 2 play on. and i believe you have lost 5 of your best players from last season, 2 good managers and a very very good linesman. great shame as you have made big steps over the last few years, i just hope it continues for you at boro, and your challenging for honours... good luck

Having heard how the two managers from the last seven years have been treated by the club ( dont forget what a great job they did !! )its looks like a bit of a shambles. I think it might be a bit of struggle for the borough this year but as its a saltash team i wish them all the best :c:

The previous managers resigned - there is no substance to the allegation they were badly treated. They decided not to remain with the club and that is their choice.

If you speak to any of the Borough players you will be made well aware that the club is anything but a shambles - an example of that is Alex Haste's excellent post on this thread which sums up how the players are feeling.

The club is in an excellent position and I am coming to the view that perhaps a change of management has turned out to be a good thing for Borough.

Guest Alex Haste

I guess the Best thing to do is see at the End of the Season and let Feet do their talking. Julian is very correct, A change of personel ( players ) has come much needed and their is a huge buzz around Borough at the Moment and with regards to managers yes the 2 managers did very well to get us up however a change was needed and they openly admitted themselves that they couldnt take us any higher, with the change of managers it has kicked all the players ass's as there is no competition for every place and not favourites as there was, Training now actually matters, could it be that the players who havd left us got to comfortable with the old managers knew they were guranteed a game each weekend, are they scared of the competition and the possibility of not playing without traiing and working hard

Im not going to get started on the Pitch as if i can remember it was a huge debate at beginning of last season, however one thing i will say is that i have always had a great response from the teams that have played on it. It also cant be too much of an advantage, as all teams playing at home hold this advantage!!!!!!!!! when playing at home, surely we should therefore see it as a disadvantage to us when we play away. Anyways lets not get started, lets all have a good season and i wish every team all the best

Many thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Thought this might be worth a re-visit with the first 4 or 5 games out the way?

I know its still early doors but many peoples favourites Elburton Villa have got off to slow start along with St Blazey?

St Dennis and Polperro have made the early running but can they keep it up?

Anyone want to change their opinions or are you sticking with your guns?

Guest thorpie

I would say Polperro are the dark horses in the legue this year, had a very good start to the season and have already beat a number of teams who have all been mentioned as potentional winners. But it is very early on, if they can keep this good start up i think they will have a chance. But i think it can be any of 5 teams that can win it, Elburton, Edgecombe, St Dennis, St Dominick and Polperro. Could be a very exciting season.

Missed our Elburton game due to being on hols, but the lads said we were under the cosh for about 70 minutes and we were defending for our lives, but then they've dropped more points since. Was more impressed with St Dominic than Polperro, but then thats just going on games against us, and we didnt play well against St Dominic. Know St Dennis from last year and they'll def be up there. Will be a competitive league this year. Borough and Millbrook could also have a say in things? Haven't seen them though...

What is obvious is that it is going to be a very open division.

Can't see anyone running away with it like Parkway did last year who were clearly playing in the wrong league.

What is going on at Elburton?

My tip seems to be sinking fast.

St Dennis have to be respected for winning 5 games in a row but in theory Edgcumbe should pose a greater threat if they can keep their players on the pitch.

Polperro have had a great start but how long did Edgcumbe play with nine men for?

St Dominick lost to Polperro 7-2 and do champions lose like that during a season? But they did beat Edgcumbe who should beat St Dennis.

And what about St Stephens Borough?

They've won a couple of games on grass and shouldn't be discounted.

All very interesting and confusing.

In view of this i'm not sure that anyone can be sure of what will happen yet.

St Dennis will take some stopping with the quality bunch of players they have, if they can keep hold of them all season cant see anyone else stopping them.

St Dominick - we intially had a team to challenge for the title but losing two lads to a higher standard -Lee Blatchford (Tavistock SWPPL) and ian Rooke (Callington swpl) on the eve of the season then losing Jamie Blatchford (broken ankle) and Kev Blatchford (broken leg) maybe its not be this season! But we will keep trying!

The Polperro game was a one off as it was an away evening game were we struggled too get a side together and only managed to arrive 10 mins before k.o.

There are many sides taking points off each other already so should be a very interesting season.

Guest The chancer

I've seen Plymstock lose 3 - 2 @ Polperro, and win 3 -2 @ St Dominick, both times being the better team so i think they will do well. Heard they drew at Elburton as well - can anyone else who have watched them this year comment???

Guest fromacrossthewater

I've seen Plymstock lose 3 - 2 @ Polperro, and win 3 -2 @ St Dominick, both times being the better team so i think they will do well. Heard they drew at Elburton as well - can anyone else who have watched them this year comment???

From what the paper said they (plymstock) conceeded the 3 goals in less than 5 minutes and were ontop for the rest of the game. Went to watch their game against Elburton and they should have won in my opinion. Just out muscled a little towards the end.

Think they maybe the underdogs of the league after a poor last season.

Am gonna look forward to playing them in a few weeks time!!