Cornwall Football Forum

best pitch??

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Penryn then Newquay in West, although I expect that to turn around this season. Mount Wise, Stadium of Legends !

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Penryn then Newquay in West, although I expect that to turn around this season. Mount Wise, Stadium of Legends !

hahaha - the words "school pitch" come to mind whenever I'm at Mount Wise.

That's funny, whenever you lot are here, you act like a bunch of schoolgirls !

Mind you, you havn't been to us for a while, so you are forgiven for not knowing how much our pitch has improved, credit to our pro groundsman Steve. The pitch looked as good at the end of the season as most do at the start of one. I was only referring to the West Div and would say that Camelford will also be a cracker soon.

Best ground or best pitch.

Pitch - There are a few good ones, in all 3 divisions.

Ground - I have been to every ground in the league except the 2 new ones, Perranporth and Bickleigh and without any doubt, it is Buckland Athletic.

Unless you have been to every ground, I don't see how you can comment. You never know, the next one on your list may be a real gem and it may change your mind!!

Penryn wins hands down (Shame the pitch isn't a little bigger though). Saltash's pitch at the end of last season was the best I've ever seen it. Blazey's a couple of years ago was awesome but has slipped a bit the last year or so. Elburton's new pitch is decent. Buckland two years ago looked awesome but last season it didn't look great. Bodmin's is always a decent surface.

Penryn

Saltash

Bodmin

Elburton

Blazey

blaise park no question, last season wadebridge looked good early doors. also camelford was nice.

buckland is absolutely terrible worst shout ive seen, i played there for devon last year and pitch was so wrecked from rain they filled holes up with soft sand and it was disgusting.

As someone who never ventures onto the pitch but merely observes I would say of the limited amount Ive seen, probably Hayle. But I havent been to Penryn, Buckland, Camelford or several of the others mentioned here so its a bit of a limited choice.

Whilst it may be interesting to read different opinions,surely the big question here is which pitches have the most games played on them. :SM_carton:

:thumbsup: not wanting to sound bias but Hayle's main pitch is played on at least 100 times every season. with 4 mens team on sats and vets and ladies on a sunday, plus the youth on special occasions. it really takes an hammering. so all the more reason to congratulate greg. he's more important than any player we might sign.groundsmen are the unsung hero's in every league. pity some clubs dont appreciate them until thier gone. without these dedicated people where would we all be? :(

Guest BLATCHY

Whilst it may be interesting to read different opinions,surely the big question here is which pitches have the most games played on them. :SM_carton:

:thumbsup: not wanting to sound bias but Hayle's main pitch is played on at least 100 times every season. with 4 mens team on sats and vets and ladies on a sunday, plus the youth on special occasions. it really takes an hammering. so all the more reason to congratulate greg. he's more important than any player we might sign.groundsmen are the unsung hero's in every league. pity some clubs dont appreciate them until thier gone. without these dedicated people where would we all be? :(

I AGREE MATE. WENDRON HAVE GOT A GENTLEMAN CALLED JACK PROWSE THAT PITCH IS A CREDIT TO HIM AT THE START OF THE SEASON IT IS AS GOOD AS PENRYN'S EASY. THE ONLY TROUBLE IS IT DOES HOLD WATER IN THE WINTER. JACK IS A TRUE LEGEND AT WENDRON. :smiley20: