Cornwall Football Forum

PLYMOUTH @ DISTRICT players

Guest RM Sec

Where would any of the Plymouth teams go if they were relegated from the SWPL?

Especially as the P&D has dropped the Premier Division to a Senior Div.

&

If the P & D are now only a Senior Div (Duchy Prem equivalent), what happens if a club sorts its facilities out & wants promotion to come up to the SWPL?

To say the P&D league is on a par with the Duchy League is a huge joke. The league lost its status not because of the playing standard which is quite high but on facilitites. I would suggest the P&D league is now classed at the same level as ECPL premier Division.

Guest chanz

I think the top 2 or 3 teams in P&D would defo match anyone in the ECPL, but i'm afraid the other 11 odd teams in P&D would not. This means that as an overall league, ECPL is better.

Teams like Wessex and Mt Gould could probably look at about 5/6 teams in the league and already say that is a guarnteed 3 points home and away! where as I think in the ECPL, most weeks you will need to be at 100% to collect 3 points.

A few seasons ago, Wessex won the league in early April, and had only conceded 17 goals in 26 games, with 18 clean sheets! That just shows that the rest of the teams in the league weren't up to it...although, many of those wessex players are now in the SWP anyway.

Guest RM Sec

Chanz, your right.

ECPL, The point that i am trying to put across is the step down in (pyramid) level of FA standing. They have dropped down a level from Premier to Senior they are now not competing at Devon Premier Cup level as the Devon based ECPL teams will.

I am not sure if they will still be a feeder league into the SWPL because of this. Hence the question of where will a Plymouth club go if relegated from the SWPL. They should not be punished and drop down 2 levels.

Parkway II's finished 2nd in the P&D league and beat wessex in the cup final. They also beat Mount Gould 1-0 last season. I think both Wessex and M. Gould are best their best.

ECPL is a far better league in terms of standard of football played, facilities and competetively, especially ECPL Prem.

It is a shame about the obvious demise of the P&D leagues and set-up.

Guest fromacrossthewater

Clubs would go in the East Cornwall Premier i reckon, cant really see teams like Vospers, Plymstock and Elburton Villa going back to PD- Dont forget these teams 2nds play in East 1

Since when have vospers played in the East Cornwall League?

Also if anyone noticed, I dont think Vospers even have a reserve side this season?

Latest P&WD handbook show Lee Moor playing at Weston Mill?

Currently Wessex, Mount Gould, Uni A & Roborough would do well in ECPL I think.

Lets see how many apply next season? My guess is Tamarside will re-apply! ^_^

Silly reply Lord Knowledge, the ECPL and SWPL get much of their players from the Plymouth area. As I said before, it has nothing to do with the standard of playing but the facilities For many it is the convenience of playing close to home and cant be bothered to play in a different league.

just agreeing with nick pope, iv watched a so called better standard than p/d last season, the biggest thing i saw was better pitches etc, but i recon the 4 you said would do well cause thay do try and play football, :thumbsup: and if you look at peninsula premier, west, ECPL, alot of the lads have done thir trade at p/d level, the problem with the league is that thay havnt got the same committd people as in the higher leagues, as loseing the p/d premier shows, :(