Cornwall Football Forum

Mark Blake is new Lanreath manager

Guest st george9

who did what ................. you seem to have a real problem with the blakes, the pethicks, saltash and st stephens borough ..must have upset you at some time??????????? :lol:

Guest JackSticker 2

In response to 'who did what'-

If players leave then they will be relegated, bad advice, if players stay which im sure they will do then they will do well, plus bring some of his own people in they will do well.

Guest southeastcornwall

Poor poor lanreath!!!!!! known of mark for a few years now and he has had plenty of success with junior footy, but doesnt seem to be able to do it at this level. he lacks in man managment skills and only has one thing in mind............himself! I understand he wanted to be st domminick manager a while back, but having played for them, they turned him down lol- (this is only what i heard)

do not know alot about his dad, but for lanreaths sake lets hope he is more of a manager than mark

I know of several players who have played under Mark and i've heard the same response from all of them he's a good coach but a terrible manager. I feel a bit sorry for Lanreath as i know several players who have been at the club a number of years and will most probaly get pushed out of the club or pushed down in to the duchy team as mark will bring in several players of his own, i've already heard that several players from pensilvas poor duchy premier side from last season will be going to Lanreath. I wish Lanreath good luck because i think they will need it.

Guest GOOSE ON

Was with Mark today talking about this very issue, and he has confirmed categorically that there will only be 2 coming from Pensilva, Dan Parsons & Leighton Mitchell.

That's Dan Parsons ex-Lanreath keeper who was signed on for them last year as cover and played the first 2 games of the season - probably the best keeper in Duchy football last season and someone the club welcome back with open arms.

And Leighton Mitchell, wanted by a number of clubs this coming season - a real rock and committed player who will easily step up to this level.

Mark has spoken many times in the last week or so with the Chairman and last seasons manager about what is needed in terms of the playing squad and new faces. Everyone at the club, Committee, last seasons manager, Chairman, 2nd team manager, and players coming back for another season are all fully aware that any change in management will mean a few new faces about the place and the 1st task Mark was given after being appointed was to attract some young talent that he has coached in the last few years whilst working with Argyle & East Cornwall Development, to help ensure that the 1st team squad is at 16 every week and the players are all fighting for places.

I agree Garf, a duchy league thug does sound rather harsh. But i would agree that he his not good enough for ecpl, again it shows that mark blake managerial skills are poor.

All I am going to say on this matter is I don't think you can really judge mark until he has had a full season. I personally think mark is a superb coach/manager and I am sure we are going to have a good season.

And I think the comment's on Leighton Mitchell are just a little harsh. The season has not even started yet so how do you know he won't do well for Lanreath?

Personally i will be very surprised if Mark gets a full season i can not see Andy Collins plus other commitee members sit back and watch the club go down hill after all the hard work they have done to get their team in to ecpl.

Guest gunniplayer

the season is yet to kick off and people are already bitching wrongly bout the new manager and the players he has brought in, least give them a chance to prove themselfs

Some of the comments on here make me laugh. How can anyone say he is going to take Lanreath backwards when a ball hasn't even been kicked? I dont know Mark Blake but i hope he does well at Lanreath as its a great club which as been moving forward every season. Dont write them off too soon....remember they got the the cup final last season and with a few more signings could have a good season ahead of them..who knows at this point. Time WILL tell!