Cornwall Football Forum

Thanks to Godolphin F.C

Guest Mayer

Guest Mayer

Just like to take this opportunity to thank Muff, Tan and everyone involved with the club for a great couple of years. The amount of injuries or rather is it the increasing years have caught up with me and i feel its finally time for me to hang up my boots.

I wish Dereck, Micky, Al and all the players the very best in the forthcoming season, i'm sure they will do very well

Chris May

Guest Phil Dingle

Well Chris you had a great run, not many are still playing in their sixties. All the best in the future whatever you find yourself doing on a saturday afternoon. Cheers Chris you are one of footballs nice guys.

Guest leemccheese

well done mayer about time lol , enjoyed a good few season at foxhole playin with u on the pitch and in the showers all the best bud hopefully see u aroung u prob still owe me a pint

chris,i remember your early performances as an attacking teenage fullback in our young foxhole championship winning side of 1979(+yacky&millsy) :clapper: .i remember showing you how to score goals galore and that you needed to move forward :D but what happened when i left???you ended your career going backwards as a goalkeeper :wacko:

what about travelling around the country with that great ymca side,good memories especially on route to semi,s in london when those bloody scots ripped up wembley and left us stranded :c:

Guest Mayer

Thanks and much appreciated Phil and as for handsome dan's history lesson. I could run all day mate but i think the long hair back then blinded my opponents more than my ability to get past them. I used to win the ball and give it to Tank Roberts to do the rest.

I went to Bodmin Town with Mike Dowlin and co before joining the Services as a PTI for 23 years. Played at Bugle with Bilky and Andy Carrew as well before going overseas.

Always been involved with my village team Foxhole but went to Godolphin to help out and have the chance to continue playing as thats what Saturdays are for. It has been fantastic at the G and the enthusiasm shown by all members and players alike are second to none.

I am now going to St Blazey to assist Hoop's and co. Its a different role but a challenge i looking forward to.

I can't remember anything about the beer but you maybe getting me mixed up with my brother Ron or Yacky .

Have a good one

No departures on the playing side Cornish Chough. The loyalty of our players over the years has been fantastic and i am please to confirm that all of the lads once again remain fully committed to the G cause.

We have come through the Leagues together and are still making upward progress so despite the rumours, all is well and good at the Club.

We are looking to strengthen our back room team though, and to that end have recruited a physio and a uefa "B" licence coach, so i am confident that we will be moving into our second season in the SWP League stronger than ever on all fronts.

No departures on the playing side Cornish Chough. The loyalty of our players over the years has been fantastic and i am please to confirm that all of the lads once again remain fully committed to the G cause.

That's good to hear. Lots of rumours going around the town about two of your main players may be leaving..........St Blazey have been mentioned. But I guess that's what there are, just rumours?

We have come through the Leagues together and are still making upward progress so despite the rumours, all is well and good at the Club.

We are looking to strengthen our back room team though, and to that end have recruited a physio and a uefa "B" licence coach, so i am confident that we will be moving into our second season in the SWP League stronger than ever on all fronts.

One coach left 2 players gone, possibly 2 more leaving thats the new rumour going around is this true derek?

Yes its true Cornish Chough. As you know, things can change very quickly in football and we lost two very

influential players on Monday which is obviously a big blow to us. We are aware of one other possible departure.

On the possitive side we have strengthened our coaching team with the arrival of another uefa b licenced coach.

All in all its been a tough week but the spirit and determination to overcome such set-backs remains as strong as ever.

I v let the lads know of the developments and they are all still wellup for it.