Cornwall Football Forum

Referee left with bleeding nose! match abandoned

In reply to your question`A One And A Six`there hasnt been enough time for the case to get sorted out yet,but i am sure the CCFA will come down on the offender very hard. ;0/ :SM_carton:

It is good to see that Len is continuing to Ref. The player concerned should be banned for the maximum time allowed, even if it means a lifetime ban from all forms of football.

We all disagree with the man in the middle at times and may vent our grievence but no player or management should ever attack the referee (or the assistant ref).

All the bes for the future Len.

that blokes and top top ref i always tell him that when we play you and he refs

really glad hes staying on as a ref :thumbsup:

I just hope that we're talking about the same guy mate?. I have a feeling you're possibly talking about the big (too polite to call him fat) guy?. He is called Norman Wood.

Lenny is a finely tuned athlete with the famous "Stevens nose".. The General will know what I'm talking about :D . Lenny's son "Liam" has not yet got the famous "Stevens Nose" BUT being yet another quality centre back (Just like uncle Mike), I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he gains this now famous facial sculpture.

• 4 weeks later...

CCFA are right on the job as usual then?

Absolutely, it beggars belief that I could call our ref a ***** or something on saturday afternoon and the following weekend my manager would come to me with the paperwork sent by the CCFA. Yet some brainless moron assaults a respected official and here we are with nearly two months passing since the incident and nothing has been done. :angry:

If a club isn't paying its fees or its fines on time, the CCFA doesnt waste anytime punishing them and suspending all the players. Perhaps this isnt a big issue for them, it seems their more worried about their own finances then the protection and safety of Cornish referees (without which, there would be no Cornish football).

I hope im wrong and the player will recieve a severe and suitable punishment shortly.

P.S. Does Sennens self-imposed ban on this player really exist and if so will it prevent him from signing for another club? :c:

If a club isn't paying its fees or its fines on time, the CCFA doesnt waste anytime punishing them and suspending all the players. Perhaps this isnt a big issue for them, it seems their more worried about their own finances then the protection and safety of Cornish referees (without which, there would be no Cornish football).

I hope im wrong and the player will recieve a severe and suitable punishment shortly.

P.S. Does Sennens self-imposed ban on this player really exist and if so will it prevent him from signing for another club? :c:

you got to pay all your fines so they all can go on there freebies,hotel,food ect,load of dinsourous,unfaif onthouse animals because atleast they had to do something for there food :glare:

According to the CCFA Website,because of the serious nature of the charge the player was immediately suspended after the incident and the Disciplinary Commission imposed a Sine Die ban with no review to be considered for five years.The player was also fined £250.

Well that's "ok" news I guess BUT still don't think it's fair that in 5 years time he could come back and do it again. How do the CCFA ensure that payment is made if the player is not representing anybody?

According to the CCFA Website,because of the serious nature of the charge the player was immediately suspended after the incident and the Disciplinary Commission imposed a Sine Die ban with no review to be considered for five years.The player was also fined £250.

Well that's "ok" news I guess BUT still don't think it's fair that in 5 years time he could come back and do it again. How do the CCFA ensure that payment is made if the player is not representing anybody?

the player is 34 now, in 5 years he'll be 39! when i spoke to him he said he had given up playing

He can only apply for a review after 5 years. It isn't a five year ban. "Sine Die", as I'm sure you remember your old Latin teacher saying, means "Without a day". I seem to remember that a certain, current West Cornwall manager got a "Sine Die" and John Ryder kept refusing to allow him back into the game. It should work a bit like the parole board - if you can persuade them that you're suitably sorry and are unlikely to do it again, then they can revoke the ban. Or ask you to apply again in another 3 or 5 years.

If the player doesn't want to have anything to do with football ever again, then he can't be made to pay the fine. As soon as he tries to start playing or managing then the fine becomes active and he'll be suspended until he pays it. And I wouldn't think he'd get far with his Sine Die review if he still has £250 outstanding!

All seems quite reasonable to me. Well done CCFA! (I never thought that I'd ever say that!)

Mathematically, Sine Die = Cosine (90 - Die)

This is the first that I heard of this. I think it is great that so many people in Cornish football are getting on board and don't want this in the game!

As for referees, players give you grief on game day but most of us try not to, and those that do mostly never truly mean it. Without you guys we wouldn't be playing at all! Keep up the good work.

I hope the ref in question continues because it sounds as though he is very good.

And as for Coopsie, Awesome picture! Only change it if you have a close up or a better one somewhere!