Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The General

Referee left with bleeding nose! match abandoned

Guest postman pat

as a fellow ref len i respect and admire you. :c:

you have acted with dignity and grace after a diabolical and threatening incident by one mindless moron.it could not have been an easy descision to carry on refereeing but! it is the right one.this sends out a strong message to anyone who cares to know that refs. will not be intimidated by thugs.

good on you :thumbsup: :drink:

Any news as to whether or not the moron who attacked the referee played today and what punishment will be dished out to him by the CCFA and by his own club? Surely some action must have been taken by now, if not, then lets get the wheels turning. :c:

Len was the Ref today for our game against Halestown (holmans) and I am very pleased to say he showed what a fine Ref he is allowing the game to flow with as much advantage as possible and stopping any infringements that would occur. Both teams behaivour was excellent with some good humour between the sides (we can only laugh we got walloped 6-0!!!)

I spoke to Len afterwards when I paid him (£25 well spent) and he said he enjoyed it so hopefully he can put this incident behind him and carry on

I for one can be vocal towards refferee's (anyone that knows me is fully aware i like the sound of my own voice) however incidents like this remind us players that we are here on a saturday to enjoy the sport we love and would not be able to play without those lone men in black who take the field and yes occasionally annoy but also do it for the love of the game so I would say the next time you shout and scream at a ref remember they are only human and we all make mistakes and as players we make a lot more mistakes then a ref over 90min if not we would all be in the premier league making vasts amount of money as we were so perfect

Guest Dermot

Well said Pitty,i am sure Len appreciates all the support he has received on this forum,also your last paragraph means a lot to us Refs,makes a change to hear from someone big enough to put such positive comments about Refs on here. :thumbsup:

I was slated on this site for my game last week and it certainly makes you wonder why we do turn up week in,week out in all weathers,but as you say we do it for the love of the game,and after Reffing Wendron V Perranporth yesterday it makes it all worthwhile,2 great sets of players and a really enjoyable match to Referee,cheers fellas. ;0) :clapper:

Len was the Ref today for our game against Halestown (holmans) and I am very pleased to say he showed what a fine Ref he is allowing the game to flow with as much advantage as possible and stopping any infringements that would occur. Both teams behaivour was excellent with some good humour between the sides (we can only laugh we got walloped 6-0!!!)

I spoke to Len afterwards when I paid him (£25 well spent) and he said he enjoyed it so hopefully he can put this incident behind him and carry on

I for one can be vocal towards refferee's (anyone that knows me is fully aware i like the sound of my own voice) however incidents like this remind us players that we are here on a saturday to enjoy the sport we love and would not be able to play without those lone men in black who take the field and yes occasionally annoy but also do it for the love of the game so I would say the next time you shout and scream at a ref remember they are only human and we all make mistakes and as players we make a lot more mistakes then a ref over 90min if not we would all be in the premier league making vasts amount of money as we were so perfect

lenny well done mate .we were on the other pitch,yesterday and i meant to come over to say well done.but got side trecked and miss you,.so once again,well done mate one of the good refs out there :c:

Im sure we all wish the referee in question the best and hope it doesn't affect his ability to officialte future matches.

However, the punishment of the player in question has yet to be posted on this forum. Has anything been meted out yet to the player and if not why not? :c:

Guest Dermot

In reply to your question`A One And A Six`there hasnt been enough time for the case to get sorted out yet,but i am sure the CCFA will come down on the offender very hard. ;0/ :SM_carton:

Guest Luffy

It is good to see that Len is continuing to Ref. The player concerned should be banned for the maximum time allowed, even if it means a lifetime ban from all forms of football.

We all disagree with the man in the middle at times and may vent our grievence but no player or management should ever attack the referee (or the assistant ref).

All the bes for the future Len.

tms no9, quite possibly mate. Great bloke who loves tha game and understands exactly when advantage should be played, knows the difference between a foul and a good hard challenge (he made a few of those as a player) and lets the game flow as well as possible.

that blokes and top top ref i always tell him that when we play you and he refs

really glad hes staying on as a ref :thumbsup:

I just hope that we're talking about the same guy mate?. I have a feeling you're possibly talking about the big (too polite to call him fat) guy?. He is called Norman Wood.

Lenny is a finely tuned athlete with the famous "Stevens nose".. The General will know what I'm talking about :D . Lenny's son "Liam" has not yet got the famous "Stevens Nose" BUT being yet another quality centre back (Just like uncle Mike), I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he gains this now famous facial sculpture.

I've spoken to lenny's son and he doesn't think that Lenny has heard anything about the twats punishment yet. All he's had so far is a letter from Sennen saying that the player will never play for the club again.

CCFA are right on the job as usual then?

Absolutely, it beggars belief that I could call our ref a ***** or something on saturday afternoon and the following weekend my manager would come to me with the paperwork sent by the CCFA. Yet some brainless moron assaults a respected official and here we are with nearly two months passing since the incident and nothing has been done. :angry:

Guest postman pat

are the police involved. if so it may be out of the ccfa's hands :unsure:

If a club isn't paying its fees or its fines on time, the CCFA doesnt waste anytime punishing them and suspending all the players. Perhaps this isnt a big issue for them, it seems their more worried about their own finances then the protection and safety of Cornish referees (without which, there would be no Cornish football).

I hope im wrong and the player will recieve a severe and suitable punishment shortly.

P.S. Does Sennens self-imposed ban on this player really exist and if so will it prevent him from signing for another club? :c:

Perhaps he has been dealt with but has appealed?? If this was the case it would drag it out over the appeal process time - I think I am right that if he appeals the decision isn't published until after the appeal? Maybe thats why it hasn't appeared on any of the suspension lists etc?

If a club isn't paying its fees or its fines on time, the CCFA doesnt waste anytime punishing them and suspending all the players. Perhaps this isnt a big issue for them, it seems their more worried about their own finances then the protection and safety of Cornish referees (without which, there would be no Cornish football).

I hope im wrong and the player will recieve a severe and suitable punishment shortly.

P.S. Does Sennens self-imposed ban on this player really exist and if so will it prevent him from signing for another club? :c:

you got to pay all your fines so they all can go on there freebies,hotel,food ect,load of dinsourous,unfaif onthouse animals because atleast they had to do something for there food :glare:

According to the CCFA Website,because of the serious nature of the charge the player was immediately suspended after the incident and the Disciplinary Commission imposed a Sine Die ban with no review to be considered for five years.The player was also fined £250.

According to the CCFA Website,because of the serious nature of the charge the player was immediately suspended after the incident and the Disciplinary Commission imposed a Sine Die ban with no review to be considered for five years.The player was also fined £250.

Well that's "ok" news I guess BUT still don't think it's fair that in 5 years time he could come back and do it again. How do the CCFA ensure that payment is made if the player is not representing anybody?

I would try and read your comment coops but i cant take my eyes off your picture :D

Well I figured it was going to create a little less interest that the old "nail through a thumb" that I used to have mate?

Well that's "ok" news I guess BUT still don't think it's fair that in 5 years time he could come back and do it again. How do the CCFA ensure that payment is made if the player is not representing anybody?

the player is 34 now, in 5 years he'll be 39! when i spoke to him he said he had given up playing

He can only apply for a review after 5 years. It isn't a five year ban. "Sine Die", as I'm sure you remember your old Latin teacher saying, means "Without a day". I seem to remember that a certain, current West Cornwall manager got a "Sine Die" and John Ryder kept refusing to allow him back into the game. It should work a bit like the parole board - if you can persuade them that you're suitably sorry and are unlikely to do it again, then they can revoke the ban. Or ask you to apply again in another 3 or 5 years.

If the player doesn't want to have anything to do with football ever again, then he can't be made to pay the fine. As soon as he tries to start playing or managing then the fine becomes active and he'll be suspended until he pays it. And I wouldn't think he'd get far with his Sine Die review if he still has £250 outstanding!

All seems quite reasonable to me. Well done CCFA! (I never thought that I'd ever say that!)

Mathematically, Sine Die = Cosine (90 - Die)