Cornwall Football Forum

Dobwalls Duchy Team left in tatters?

With only one week until the start of the Duchy league season rumour has it that Dobwalls have been left in tatters after their manager was poached by local rivals Liskeard.

He has by all accounts taken the majority of the squad with him?

Where does this leave Dobwalls?

Have they a replacement manager and where will they obtain players from at this late stage?

With Sticker already having pulled their duchy side it would be devastating for the Duchy league if Dobwalls were to follow suit.

If I am correct I think that Dobwalls are one of the founder members of the Duchy league?

Can anyone confirm the situation at the club?

if this is true then look out bodmin and penzance better look out.

we (st day) played sticker and dobwalls in pre season friendlies this year followed by the above two sides so there is a worrying trend occuring here.

seriously though can the manager do this as i thought that the rules were, you were only allowed to sign a maximum of two players from the same team in any one 28 day period. if the players had all signed for dobwalls then they would have to all be transfered to the other club at the same time.

I was talking to one of the Dobwalls committee today and it looks like they have scraped together a bare 11 to fulfill their opening league fixture?

Despite Clive Hodge taking several players with him to liskeard without approaching the club, another player was contacted yesterday to see if he would play for Liskeard on Saturday.

The guy either doesn't know the rules or he just thinks that he can do as he pleases.

It wasn't a very bright thing to do either as the player concerned is the Chairmans nephew?

I think that Dobwalls would be well within their rights to report Liskeard to the CCFA?

Anybody have any thoughts on the matter?

good to see that Dobwalls managed to put out a team on Saturday.

Although they lost I am lead to believe that despite having a real scratch side that they put up a brave display and if they had taken their chances they could have scraped a draw.

Manager Dave Skews made a rare appearance and the team also had a couple of players aged 40 plus.

Well done Dobwalls.

I agree with Martin McHugh that Liskeard have lost better players than they have gained.

And by all accounts there will be others heading for the exit door at Liskeard after Saturdays shambolic display?

Guest SPECTATOR

good to see that Dobwalls managed to put out a team on Saturday.

Although they lost I am lead to believe that despite having a real scratch side that they put up a brave display and if they had taken their chances they could have scraped a draw.

Manager Dave Skews made a rare appearance and the team also had a couple of players aged 40 plus.

Well done Dobwalls.

I agree with Martin McHugh that Liskeard have lost better players than they have gained.

And by all accounts there will be others heading for the exit door at Liskeard after Saturdays shambolic display?

It's a good thing that the two managers of Dobwalls 1st team (Mike & Martin) and the manager of Liskeard 2nd team (Clive) get on well and don't join in with this unnecessary tittle tattle. As far as I know, many players signed for both clubs before the season started, and then players from Liskeard joined Dobwalls and vise versa. I cant see the point in a few people stiring things up for no reason between the two top clubs in the Liskeard area. I'm positive that the majority of the people in both clubs just want to get on together. There have been faults on both sides I think (ref: the signing of players). ;)

yes they have lost very good players no doubt, but it didn't do them to well last year did it (4th from bottom)? And im sure they won't be heading for the exits, luckily some people have better attitudes than yours.

as the last post said stop trying to stir things up. most people get on very well.

Its just one big happy family...... problem is , certain things upset certain people and due to the new league set up players are allowed to sign for 150 thousand different clubs, nobody really knows what is going to happen. Players are playing for different clubs in different leagues on different days. At the moment a player could play legally for 3 differnt clubs in one week .....

Where is it going to end.................................

Guest SPECTATOR

Its just one big happy family...... problem is , certain things upset certain people and due to the new league set up players are allowed to sign for 150 thousand different clubs, nobody really knows what is going to happen. Players are playing for different clubs in different leagues on different days. At the moment a player could play legally for 3 differnt clubs in one week .....

Where is it going to end.................................

I fully agree with you about the signing on system for more than one club. In my opinion, if a player signs for a club, then he should not be able to play for another club unless he goes through the correct transfer procedures. Hopefully they will bring this rule or something similar in for next season.

Yes it would be great if it was one big happy family, but unfortunately there's always going to be a few individuals who would rather stir up trouble and try to cause conflict. ;)

Guest Dave Skews

Certain people are not stirring things up just stating facts,we all know what goes on when trying to get players from other clubs, usually you get a player to speak to them, not the manager blatantly ringing up players asking them to join the club,(MORE FACTS).

Guest SPECTATOR

Certain people are not stirring things up just stating facts,we all know what goes on when trying to get players from other clubs, usually you get a player to speak to them, not the manager blatantly ringing up players asking them to join the club,(MORE FACTS).

Ah, so you mean still do it illegally but sneakily.............. That's a fact for you! :thumbsup: Amounts to the same thing as far as I can see! So you have never illegally spoken to a player about signing for you, or asked him to play for you when he has already signed for another club??? :D

And it is stirring things up when a few people come on here and try to cause conflict between clubs and their officials.

well its all a load of bull because dobwalls played a current liskeard player on tuesday this week so i dont really see any problem. all the players bar 2 were on there way to liskeard before the new manager took charge-3/4 were already signed on. Obviously liskeard have lost players and they are the better ones as they want to play the higher standard and with dobwalls being the nearest place to get it why wouldnt they go there-and to be honest you arnt going to replace them with similar standard players.

i know i cant say too much as i am signed for dobwalls second team but i dont think that the movement of players between dobwalls and liskeard has stopped yet!

as for players leaving after the 7-0 hammering from torpoint -id like to think that the group of lads we have hear will show a bit more fight and try to put it right rather than jumping ship. this showed tonight although we lost 2-0 to saltash i think we had much of the better in the second half but as we all know its goals that will win you games.

Guest SPECTATOR

well its all a load of bull because dobwalls played a current liskeard player on tuesday this week so i dont really see any problem. all the players bar 2 were on there way to liskeard before the new manager took charge-3/4 were already signed on. Obviously liskeard have lost players and they are the better ones as they want to play the higher standard and with dobwalls being the nearest place to get it why wouldnt they go there-and to be honest you arnt going to replace them with similar standard players.

i know i cant say too much as i am signed for dobwalls second team but i dont think that the movement of players between dobwalls and liskeard has stopped yet!

as for players leaving after the 7-0 hammering from torpoint -id like to think that the group of lads we have hear will show a bit more fight and try to put it right rather than jumping ship. this showed tonight although we lost 2-0 to saltash i think we had much of the better in the second half but as we all know its goals that will win you games.

Well said True Blue Browner :thumbsup: I heard this evening that a current Liskeard player played for Dobwalls yesterday evening. Did Dobwalls ask his manager if he could play I wonder? :unsure: The rest of what you have said is true also. I would be pleased to see the players at Liskeard now, supporting their management and sticking together to improve on last year's final league position. I hope that they will prove a few people wrong, that are unfairly and cruelly saying that they are not as good as the players that have left to play for Dobwalls! :c:

Guest Dave Skews

Spectator like every rule theres normally away around it and in football its getting friends and other players to plant the seed in the players mind first then put in seven days, and you know it goes on you are not living in the real world if you think any different,this year its been difficult for the managers at Liskeard 2nds and Dobwalls 1st & 2nds because they are local boys and didnt have to make their minds up untill late into preseason who to play for because they could sign for all three and most have,so who does the player belong to ? and why do you have to ask the manager ? i have been saying for years as previously mentioned on this forum one player one club and it solves all the problems caused especially this season.

Guest SPECTATOR

Spectator like every rule theres normally away around it and in football its getting friends and other players to plant the seed in the players mind first then put in seven days, and you know it goes on you are not living in the real world if you think any different,this year its been difficult for the managers at Liskeard 2nds and Dobwalls 1st & 2nds because they are local boys and didnt have to make their minds up untill late into preseason who to play for because they could sign for all three and most have,so who does the player belong to ? and why do you have to ask the manager ? i have been saying for years as previously mentioned on this forum one player one club and it solves all the problems caused especially this season.

Yes I think I am in the real world. :rolleyes: It seems to me after reading all the quotes on this subject, is that to one or two people, certain rules apply when it suits them or it is ok for those rules to be twisted as long as it again favours them. The rule has still been broken though! :glare: And if the Liskeard manager was not asked by Dobwalls if his player could play for them, I wonder what would have happened if it had been the other way around? All hell let loose I imagine! :angry2:

I do agree with you on two points. First of all, the idea of one player one club is correct, and I can see that it has been very difficult for the managers of both clubs this season, with players being able to sign for three teams and then deciding late on who they wanted to play for. With that second point in mind, it would appear that it has been a complete nightmare for the managers! So that is why a few people should not be stirring things up unnecessarily and should just get on with managing, playing or watching the football!! ;)

We can bat this subject around all day and it is not going to solve anything.

The CCFA could bring in the one player one club rule but I very much doubt if they would as for one thing it makes sense which is not something you would normally associate with them.

On the subject of the Liskeard manager knowing about one of his players turning out for Dobwalls on Tuesday, he was told by the player on Sunday in person and that came from the horses mouth.

No doubt things should settle down especially if there is a common sense approach (no pun intended)taken by the clubs concerned.

Guest SPECTATOR

We can bat this subject around all day and it is not going to solve anything.

The CCFA could bring in the one player one club rule but I very much doubt if they would as for one thing it makes sense which is not something you would normally associate with them.

On the subject of the Liskeard manager knowing about one of his players turning out for Dobwalls on Tuesday, he was told by the player on Sunday in person and that came from the horses mouth.

No doubt things should settle down especially if there is a common sense approach (no pun intended)taken by the clubs concerned.

I hope the one player one club rule is at least considered by the CCFA.

And on the subject of the Liskeard player playing for Dobwalls. If the player told his manager on Sunday that he was going to play a game for Dobwalls, then that was the right thing for him to have done. But if the tables were turned, would Dobwalls have been happy if the Liskeard manager asked a Dobwalls player to play in a game for him, without the manager also asking the Dobwalls management? :unsure: I heard that the Liskeard manager was not asked by Dobwalls. To me it would have been common curtesy. People are on here moaning about illegal approaches etc, so those same people should also play by the rules or at least be courteous and have some common sense.

Hopefully things will settle down between the clubs concerned, and this will happen much faster if the same few individuals stop stirring things up. I am confident that at least three or four of the management team from both clubs just want to get on together and to get on with the FOOTBALL! :thumbsup: :clapper:

At the end of the day if local clubs with teams in various leagues cooperate then they could help each other out when they haven't got a game for example.But that means talking to each other?When the dust has settled maybe that will happen instead of all the behind the scenes activity that has caused ill feeling?

Life is too short to hold a grudge!

Guest SPECTATOR

At the end of the day if local clubs with teams in various leagues cooperate then they could help each other out when they haven't got a game for example.But that means talking to each other?When the dust has settled maybe that will happen instead of all the behind the scenes activity that has caused ill feeling?

Life is too short to hold a grudge!

Yes I agree with that! :thumbsup: When the activity that caused the ill feeling (from BOTH clubs) has settled down, it would be good for officials within both clubs to talk, help each other out when possible and be civil to each other. I think at this point it would be a good idea to draw a close to this topic, rather than continue with a debate that should not have started. Good luck to both Liskeard and Dobwalls this season! :clapper: :yahoo:

Guest Dave Skews

For someone that want the two clubs to get on with things you seem to have alot to sayon the subject,im standing at the moment and we will get through one way or another, most of the players were signed before i started, especially the ones that have followed the ex manager, you are still a bit naive if you think illegal approaches dont go on,its been going on since i was a boy and will go on past my time here,so except it, we all do it its a hard rule to prove, but sometimes you have to let people know its not gone unnoticed especially when its cost you the manager and a lot of players, but now im just getting on with the job in hand to help us survive in duchy premier,so best of luck to you all.

Guest SPECTATOR

For someone that want the two clubs to get on with things you seem to have alot to sayon the subject,im standing at the moment and we will get through one way or another, most of the players were signed before i started, especially the ones that have followed the ex manager, you are still a bit naive if you think illegal approaches dont go on,its been going on since i was a boy and will go on past my time here,so except it, we all do it its a hard rule to prove, but sometimes you have to let people know its not gone unnoticed especially when its cost you the manager and a lot of players, but now im just getting on with the job in hand to help us survive in duchy premier,so best of luck to you all.

Ha, :lol: you always seem to have plenty to say and always need to have the last word. You can have the last word if you like, because after this entry I will do the right thing and let the matter rest as you should to. Otherwise you are just continuing with the stirring job that you helped to start in the first place. And by the way, you didn't answer my question in a previous quote, which was. Have you ever approached a player illegally to sign for you? :unsure: I was not going to bother to bring that up again, but considering that you insist on keeping this topic going, I thought I would ask it again. I think most people know the answer to it, but it will be interesting to see if you tell the probable truth. ;)

No I am not naive as you put it. :rolleyes: I can understand what has been going on for years with the signing of players, so that is partly why this disagreement between the two clubs is unnecessary. The majority of people know that and want the two clubs to get on well together. Always one or two that will spoil it though, isn't there! :angry: Players and managers will come and go, that is the way it will always be. If the players at both clubs did not WANT to be playing there now, then they would NOT be there! There will probably be players at Liskeard and Dobwalls that might move clubs during this season, or they will not be playing where they are now at the start of next season. What it comes down to, is that players will decide for themselves where they WANT to play! I can see there are a lot of young players playing for both clubs, so just let them get on with enjoying their football in a good standard! Playing, managing or watching football is for enjoyment! The most sensible quote I have read on here was by True Blue Browner who summed everything up nicely, including stating that this matter is "All A Load Of Bull". Read his last entry, it makes good sense. :clapper:

I keep up to date with the news and talk about the local sport, so I know right now that the majority of people involved with both clubs want to get on together and DO get on well, including the first team managers at Dobwalls and the 2nd team ones in Liskeard. Everyone knows in the area and beyond that Martin and Clive are brothers, and that the new Dobwalls 1st team manager Mike is friendly with both of them. Finally and most importantly, Good luck to both clubs for the season and I hope all the players enjoy their football and do well! :thumbsup:

Can the CCFA change the registration rules?

With the FA dictating the pyramid system isn't it the Football Association that make the rules?

One important issue that could prove costly to an injured player is insurance, I DO NOT TRUST INSURANCE COMPANIES, if they can get out of paying they will, does the clubs insurance cover players with multi registrations and are their names logged with the insurers for each club they have joined.

• 2 weeks later...

The players will go where the beer tastes better and is cheaper.

The movement between the two clubs and players playing unofficially has been going on for years and will continue to do so, as they are all good drinking buddies and the relationship between the two clubs on and of the field is competitive but friendly, it is a big shame that with the amount of talent in the area that both teams are definately going to struggle in their leagues. Good luck tho.