Cornwall Football Forum

CORNISH SOCCER CUP SPECIAL

A CORNISH SOCCER CUP SPECIAL has been produced ahead of the weekend and firstly I must say many thanks for all the managers who have sent me their thoughts on their Cornwall Junior Cup tie (whether just a short paragraph or a whole page worth!).

Since going to print, I've received a couple more and so not to waste them here's what Threemilestone's Phil Pascoe has to say ahead of their match with St Agnes : "On paper Threemilestone would be considered favourites to progress against a team struggling in the division below, but considering most of the tms team were playing Div 2 last season, this should be a closer game than on paper! We certainly won't be taking them lightly but would love to progress to round 3."

If you would like a copy, please email me asap davedeacon@cornishsoccer.info, or text to 07759 502408 - they are £2 each plus postage (if appropriate)

Another manager to contact me, unfortunately after the CORNISH SOCCER CUP SPECIAL was completed, was Neil White of Packhorse Ath.

His side travels to Bude on Saturday and this is his thoughts ahead of the match: "We are going into the game not knowing anything about the opposition so we are a bit apprehensive. We have been struggling this year due to having a different squad each week due to work, injuries and players leaving to play higher football. Which has resulted in myself and older brother still playing weekly.

Our team is mainly close friends, mates and family and we are a self funded team who try and arrange events to raise money for team wear etc.

We have looked at the league tables and Bude seem to be having the same results as us so it should be a good game. We are lucky in a sense that some of our better players have stayed loyal and not jumped ship yet!

Keith White our captain, Ross Willcocks and Karl Orchard have all been playing brilliantly for us and we are hoping for them to get us through this weeks tie and then hopefully our league form will start to improve. Our league has so many teams spread apart that the travelling isn't that much different to North Hill, Calstock or Lifton, we are just hoping for a good game on a nice surface and to come away with us in the next round."

Many thanks to all the managers who came back to me. Their thoughts are in the publication and follow this link for details as to how to buy the issue

Another manager to give his thoughts about tomorrow's match in the Cornwall Junior Cup, but unfortunately too late for the CUP SPECIAL Mag was Justin at Penwith Exiles : "...although Penryn are favourites for the tie, my boys are looking forward to the game and we will give it a good go. I think it's going to be a cracker of a game."