Cornwall Football Forum

Next season Div1West

With the season almost over its time to reflect on the good things that has happened to many clubs, taking away all the negatives and look towards next seasons hopes.

As a netural supporter, I am going to say it will be between Newquay and Callington next season, only if Callington can stop conceding late goals that either loses them games or turns wins into draws.

Porthleven at home in August porthleven were 3-1 down great fightback to earn a 3-3 draw. (2 dropped)

Hayle in October, callington were 1-0 up and lost the game 2-1, although a referee decision cost them at least a point. (3 dropped)

Truro City in October, callington were 1-0 up, and truro scored a leveller in the 90th minute. (3 dropped)

penzance in January, was 2-2 then the last kick of the game lost 3-2 (2 points dropped)

plymstock in february, 1-1, lost the game 2-1 last kick of the game (2 dropped)

so there is another 8 points to add onto their total had they got the results to earn those other points, but they may well improve next season.

My only concern for Newquay this season is some of the top earners moving to rivals Perranporth because they do have a lot of money and will be a top 6 finish i would have thought.

Guest local_football_supporter

Think Newquay , perranporth, porthleven and callington will be up there fighting it out for the top spots ,

Can see another tough season for the likes of Vospers , plymstock , moushole, wendron with millbrook coming bottom of the pile again

I was thinking about the whole promotion and relegation discussion. Looking further up the pyramid the movement between the leagues can be quite significant. In the SWPL currently there is only 1 each from East and West.

I do not know how this sounds to anyone else but something I thought about the other night. 1st place in both East and West gain automatic promotion to the Premier. 2nd and 3rd go into a play off. 2nd from East play 3rd from West and 2nd from West play 3rd from east winners play in a final, winners gaining promotion to the Premier.

This is just a thought. Personally I think it would make things interesting in all leagues, more teams would be involved in a promotion battle, new grounds to visit and new teams to play in the play off. Teams at the bottom of the premier will have more to play for.

Whats other peoples thoughts? Is it possible? Or am I just dreaming up something that can not be structured in?

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

As far as next season goes, I can't see Perranporth being a major attraction for any Newquay player (and we certainly don't have anyone earning big money at MW). The way this team have bonded is unreal, the atmosphere at the club is the best I've known in 11 years and with Ash & Robbo taking on the under 18s management role, the future of the club is exciting. Why would anyone want to go anywhere else, if it was for more money, then those that were approached during the season would have gone.

The top 6 will be, in no particular order, Newquay, St Austell, Penryn, Callington, Perranporth & Dobwalls.

With regard to 1 up 1 down, the SWPL have the option of making changes. the Prem Div can be anything from 18-22 clubs but they have stipulated that for it to increase in future 90% of clubs must have floodlights (I'm not sure if they mean in all 3 Divs, as that just won't happen) and as of 2010-11, clubs at Step 6 SWPL Prem MUST have floodlights, although that should have been the case for next season but the SWPL got an extention on the ruling for another season.

My idea was for the Champs of E/W to go up automatically as now but the two 2nd placed teams from E/W have a two match H/A play off to be the 3rd club to go up., with 3 to come down from the Prem which could be done if they had 19 or more clubs (which they do). The balance is already unequal in E/W Divs due to clubs pulling out before/during the season. All this is on the assumption, that the clubs have the appropriate ground gradings to actually go up in the first place.

how much money do people think the players are getting at Perranporth its nowhere near where most people think, I think they will do well and if Gossy gets the players he's told me about they could go close. Newquay, St Austell, callington and penryn will be fighting out at the top and the league will be more interesting with the real threat of relegation. Should be an exciting season.

how much money do people think the players are getting at Perranporth its nowhere near where most people think, I think they will do well and if Gossy gets the players he's told me about they could go close. Newquay, St Austell, callington and penryn will be fighting out at the top and the league will be more interesting with the real threat of relegation. Should be an exciting season.

I agree with john about the players for perran I have heard justin harrington and wayne quinn could be on their way!!either way with gossys contacts i think its safe to assume perran will strengthen considerabley in the close season! (sorry about the spelling) :P

Penryn, Perranporth and Newquay to push at the top closely followed by Callington. Bottom of the pile will be Wendron unless they improve on their squad drasticly. Vospers have improved under their new regime and if that continues they should be ok for a mid table finish, Millbrook apparently have big plans for next season so we'll have to wait and see. I also fancy Hayle to fall further back next season. If Porthleven have the exodus that everyone is talking about then they will probably struggle, but not too near the bottom as they always seem to find a few gems throughout the close season!!

After now hearing that Micky Hunt is leaving Callington and moving to Plymstock i expect Callington to struggle. They will more than likely go back to playing a lot of local players like they have before in their many seasons of struggling in the South West League. More than likely that Plymstock will now be full of ex Callington players as of next season as players do tend to follow the manager around. Good luck to Micky!!!!!

Will Newton Abbot be in the East or West Division?If East,who's gonna move to the West?

If the rumours are true about Penryn,they'll be right up there,especially with Stu Massey in charge.

Newton Abbot will be relegated to the East Division, to join with a club promoted from the Devon & Exeter league. Either Bovey Tracey or Exeter Civil Service are due for promotion to the SWP Premier. East Divsion will therefore increase to 18 clubs.

West Division will remain at 17 with Perranporth in and Penzance promoted to the 20 club SWP Premier.