Cornwall Football Forum

Roy Keane Back In Management

Your a funny guy Coopsie.

And how many managers have your beloved Spurs gone through recently!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how many of them walked away??. If I was attempting to be funny Porcupine, I somehow think you would have noticed??.

By the way, tell me something.. Is that name you selected representative of your personality??.

Guest Peppermint

I think more worrying for long standing Ipswich Town supporters is the way the previous manager was sacked over the phone. The Tractor Boys were a family orientated club and well run with some diginity but the people that seem to be in charge now are totally different.

I think more worrying for long standing Ipswich Town supporters is the way the previous manager was sacked over the phone. The Tractor Boys were a family orientated club and well run with some diginity but the people that seem to be in charge now are totally different.

Agree Peppermint mate. It seems now that success is ALL that matters and if a cup or promotion are not achieved, the manager and coaching staff are sent down the road and the next line of meat is sent in for the slaughter...

Guest Spenny

Peppermint....... i am one of those long suffering ipswich supporters and you can look at the appointment in one of two ways.

I agree keane is a gamble coz he walked away from Sunderland, but this was his only previous job in management and who really knows under what circumstances that was due too?? ALso it is worth remembering that he got them promoted in his first season , admittedly with money but he has a similar amount available to him in the summer from Marcus Evans the owner.

Also Ipswich has been a sleepy little town for far too long and will no doubt in my mind benefit from having a kick up the ass....... and keane will no doubt wake up the players living in the championship comfort zone.

Basically, we just want premiership football and we were going no where fast with Magilton, so any high profile change has got to be a step in the right direction.

Cardiff 0 v Ipswich 3.... says something first game hey....