Cornwall Football Forum

Torpoint v Saltash

Last Saturdays heavyweight clash between the Premier League's big boys hasn't been mentioned much on here. Was there anyone at the game who can give their opinion on the match? Did Torpoint deserve to win? Does the result now make Torpoint favourite's for the title? I certainly think there is still a long way to go and there will be another twist yet. Torpoint still have 6 games to play and looking at their fixtures are all hard games with only 1 of them at home. Saltash however only have 3 games remaining with 1 of them against bottom of the league Probus and 1 against a depleted Tavistock who apparantly only had 10 players on Saturday even with their 1st team having no game

Guest little dave

is that what TAVILAD told u? not long got off the phone to chappy and he said torpoint deserved it!!! i was gonna come over and watch but i had to do overtime on sat.. bet it was a cracker.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Money Grabber!!! You would never be able to tell by looking at Chappy after a game if he had won or lost! But i actually got a text message from him at about 11 o'clock Saturday night to say what a result and that he was buzzing!! I had to check twice that it was from him!! Going on the post though, the season is far from over. We still have just under a quarter of our season to play, with some really really hard games. Lets just take 1 game at a time shall we!!!!

GREAT ADVERT FOR ECPL FOOTBALL AT THE MILL ON SATURDAY WITH TWO REALLY GOOD SIDES GOING AT IT HAMMER AND TONG,NOTHING TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THE SIDES IN THE HALF,I THINK THE WORST THING SALTASH COULD HAVE DONE WAS SCORE JUST AFTER THE BREAK BECAUSE AFTER THAT TORPOINT TOOK THE GAME BY THE SCRUFF OF THE NECK AND WENT ON TO CREATE CHANCE AFTER CHANCE AND FULLY DESERVED THE 3 POINTS..

Guest Turkish

Just got back from watching the cornwall senior cup final and what with that plus the torpoint saltash game have been treated to a good weekend of local football. It was a great game to watch on saturday, 2 very good sides. Torpoint definately deserved to beat saltash on their 2nd half performance and the chances they created, plus they were very solid at the back, i don't remember their keeper making a save. You only have to look at their bench to see how strong the squad is and i do think they will go on to win the league, providing they don't let themselves get carried away with this result. I'm sure ricky will keep them focussed, if anyone knows how to win leagues he certainly does.