Cornwall Football Forum

Ronaldo

Did anyone see the interview (if you could call it that) on Sky Sports News with Fergie and Ronaldo? He was asked a direct question about where he saw his future. His reply was somewhat less than convincing and Fergie was really rattled. He called the question "pathetic" I believe.

Personally, I would like to see a player of his calibre remain in England but I think he will be off to Madrid this Summer.

Guest Man on the Post

Ronaldo's a great player but if he goes United will be OK. The pundits said they wouldn't be the same wthout Cantona, they said the same about Keane, Beckham and Van Nistelrooy! If Ronaldo goes it will be a case of 'the king is dead, the king is dead, long live the king'. :thumbsup:

Would it be a wise footballing move on his part though?? Madrid are a shadow of there former selves and 1 player wont turn them into world beaters again!if its not about the cash then he should defo stay at united as i cant see him picking up much silver ware at the second best team in spain!!!

I agree that Real Madrid are a shadow of their former selves but it won't last forever - maybe a year or two at most. Madrid have a far greater depth of financial resources than Barca and they'll just go out and buy the players they want.

Probably starting with Ronaldo.

That philosophy has not always worked in the past though has it!!! If barca get fabregas aswell this summer then i think they will be to strong for madrid again next season!!even if they get ronaldo!If its just about the cash he should just have a word with mark hughes im sure they would pay him 1mill a week !!! lol