Cornwall Football Forum

Weather wins again - Wadebridge v Saltash OFF

dont really remember it raining today at all..??shocking just shows how bad the pitch actually is..do they have a groundsman!!!

wots the chances saturdays game with st austell will be on...is the weather even a factor because i can only remember one days rain in the last week!!!

Beaves glad your nothing to do with weather forecasting; its Tuesday today dont you remember the torrential rain Friday night and all week that caused all but a handful of games off on Sat. It poured down on Sat night and we had heavy rain last night or were the roads not wet when you drove on them this morning; they were when i was on them.

Dont also forget it drizzled for a good part of the day so there was nothing to dry the pitch out; no wind etc.

As it happens the pitch was not far off being fit to play tonight but it had not recovered enough to play; apart from the last couple of weeks the pitch has been fantastic; ask launceston and ivybridge who have played there previously.

I dont see you moaning at Launcestons pitch or callingtons or millbrooks etc who have had games called in the last couple of weeks.

If you are going to moan then get your facts correct !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our pitch at Langsford Park has always been one of the best over the years when it comes to draining. However, having looked at our pitch first thing this morning had we been at home this evening it would have probably been off.

The water tables seem to be very full at the moment and we are hoping it stays reasonably dry so we have a chance of playing on Saturday. Don't think we are the only ones in that boat.

If a respectable bloke like Blackie says the pitch is wet, enough said.