Cornwall Football Forum

Moushole 1 Dobwalls 5

It would seem strange if the rumours are true as Dobwalls held Bodmin to a 2-2 draw and were unlucky to lose to Penzance 3-2 recently.

And with Mousehole struggling this season apart from their good result against Truro I cannot believe that they would put out a below strength team?

Surely their manager would not be that naive?

Yes Gooner I was there don't miss many games where ever the boy is playing and I enjoyed every minute of it - superb display of slick attacking football by Dobwalls on a difficult surface and although it is true that Mousehole are nothing like as strong as they were last season when I was at Foxhole and they beat us 4-1 they still had several of that team playing with Nurse in goal and James up front playing particularly well although obviously missing Ivanov, Patrick, Prowse and Wing besides losing their management team also. In fact it was the visitors who were missing a couple of key players on the day but set about the home side to take the lead on 10 mins when Hake scored after keeper Glassup's huge wind assisted clearance found him running through to beat Nurse in a one-on-one but thanks to Nurse this was the only first half score although right after the break Crane scrambled home a second after Hake's drive had been blocked.

Mousehole were handed a lifeline on 56 mins when a poor midfield pass lead to a disputed penalty award from which James converted and for a short while they enjoyed more possesion and their best spell of the game with James going close to equalising but when the always impressive Bartlett dribbled through to score a third on 69mins Dobwalls upped a gear again and prompted well in midfield by Wilson went further ahead when substitute Stewart Dunn cut in from the right to drive the ball home on 77 mins - Bartlett rounded of a great afternoons work for the visitors when he blasted home from close range in the final minute

On Saturday Dobwalls are at home to Vospers Oak Villa in CSWPL Div 1 West K.O 2.15PM

As Gareth has stated Ivanov is having a another spell at St.Blazey seem to remember he played there briefly a couple of years ago under Trevor Mewton - Patrick is at Panzance, Wing will not be fit to play until the new year and Prowse was just unavailable for selection last weekend - as for the management team of Jeff Richardson and Darren Woodard - they resigned during September - don't know any confirmed details why but I do Know they were two top guys who put a lot of good work in at the club and after some good seasons in the Jolly's took Mousehole to third in their first season in the new league set up last season.

I have been speaking to one of the dobwalls supporters that went to the game who used to live in that area and he told me that a guy called Peter Robinson and another person were running the show at the moment?

Peter told him that they were going through a bad time on and off the pitch.

Hopefully they will turn things around.