Cornwall Football Forum

Football Manager 2009

Hutchspur

every year i say surely it cant get any better. only to find out the following year.....it bloody well has!! the added feature of watching the match rather that little numbers running around is excellent........just hope for your sake that santa dont start a new game with your copy......... :yahoo:

Yeh it is good, an improvement on FM2008, decided to have a night off and an early night in on Saturday, so started a game on FM2009, ended up looking at my watch at 1.30am and thinking were had all the time gone, before trotting off to bed.

Just got to try and stop the rot at the minute, no wins in the last six for my Plymouth Argyle side.

Guest helstons14

Been playing these games since I was 11. Remember finding a couple of guys who were quite useful. Zlatan at Malmo and Ronaldinho at Gremio.

Greatest achievment taking MK Dons to the top, by the time I did it Walcott was 32.

Fm09 is class, my education is suffering.

I had that one too - what a game. I remember buying Marcelo Salas and a 19 yr old Ronaldo (the rabbit tooth one), Lee Sharpe and Rob Jones were class as was Ruud Gullit, Franck Lebouef, Juninho (M'Boro), Robbie Fowler and the dogger Stan Collymore.

Tony Yeboah.......the list goes on forever

Nicky Medlen, Wayne Quinn and Justin Harrington were on that game!!!

Garth, yeah Sunders was in, as was Ryan Trudgian!!!

Although didnt they call Tom Sundercombe, Tom SANDERCOMBE in one game???!

Bakayoko was also amazing!!

I too remember trying to sign Zlatan from Malmo!!!

I had an old old old version (maybe 93 i think) where Platt and Gazza were abroad and Keano was still at Forest, and that was quality!!!

I aint getting it until my accounts exams are done & dusted in a couple of weeks time, otherwise I'l get no revision done & be suffering from a severe lack of sleep!

Been an addict of the game since I bought Championship Manager 93 (on the Amiga, remember them!) back in the days of floppy disks.... good times!! :clapper:

• 2 weeks later...

i have played this great game from the old amiga days,i was in charge of torquay united playing a 3 4 3 formation with a diamond midfield and we flew through the lower divisions smashing hatfulls of goals wherever we went(good days)since then i have suffered many sleepless nights and a lot of nagging from girlfriends lol havnt got the new version but ive heard lots of good things :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Wat a game!!

FM takes up my rainy, sunny, overcast days, actually most days. I fink that my exams may take the strain as well but as long as i gain promotion/win the league/win the cup i dont mind so much :)

The lonegest time i have played is over 4 days, played many seasons!

greatest achievement on the game, installing Truro into conference and then taking them to the uefa cup, star signing had to Raul on a free.

Happy playing!!!!!

Yeah I can't wait to get 2009. I have just bought a new laptop so I can play it!!! Best memory was FM 2006, took Weymouth from the conferance south to the Premier League, won the F.A Cup and signed Kaka when he was 34!!!

Happy days. Can't wait to get a few good 12 hour shifts on the new game!!!

Guest Luffy Jnr

haha footy manager class game!!!! on one of the old games back in the champ manager days 03/04 ... i was Chelsea and i managed to play until the 2024/2025 season .... Rooney had long retired, Beckham was a manager and so was some other top stars such as Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard. I had players such as Marko Haliovic , Kyle Swayne and some phillpines international playing for me lol class game :P