Cornwall Football Forum

Fal Hel / Mining Merger.

I was just looking at the proposed merger set up and wondered who played sides from opposite leagues in the Jnr Cup. I have had a look and several sides did but at what levels.

Its not always about score lines so who, and be honest got a good game and who got a good whopping?

I.E. Porthleven Rangers (Fal 2) v Four Lanes (Min 1) by all reports a good game with Rangers winning out.

:unsure:

I was just looking at the proposed merger set up and wondered who played sides from opposite leagues in the Jnr Cup. I have had a look and several sides did but at what levels.

Its not always about score lines so who, and be honest got a good game and who got a good whopping?

I.E. Porthleven Rangers (Fal 2) v Four Lanes (Min 1) by all reports a good game with Rangers winning out.

:unsure:

Not acctually sure on how the merge is going to go about. The first few seasons there is going to be a whole lot of trial and error until all the glitches of the merge get ironed out. (Obviously there will be a few grey area teams that may trounce everyone, or be fighting for survival in the first season, as they have been drawn into the wrong league; but this is bound to happen. Would be great if everything went smoothly straight away... but not really likely)!

I'm from the New Boys, a new side starting out only last year. We have had a good start to this season, but last season...well, lets say there were a few ups and downs. I think the leagues are as close in standards as they ever have been. Last year (in the cup), we managed to take TMS 1st to extra time, at 1 point we were 2-0 up on them and if we had the higher league stamina truely believe we would have taken them.... But you live and learn and our fittness is one of the areas we have tackled over the summer period. I know that every team has OFF DAYS, but this year we drew Mawgan (may I add, a great bunch of guys), in the first round of the Junior cup. Everyone can see that they are flying in FH2, and looking quite probable for promotion to FH1 come end of the season. They did beat us (2-0) but being part of New Boys (MIN3) would like to think we didn't make life easy for them at all. Again last season we played Pendeen in the cup. Again we did lose the game, but as said before they didn't get an easy ride... If memory serves me correct the final score of that game was (5-3).

So in brief I think after a few years the merge is going to be a great thing for Cornish Football, I also believe that it's going to make each of the leagues a lot tighter and there won't be the run away winners that we are use to seeing at the moment. Gaff (Cornish New Boys).