Cornwall Football Forum

difference in standard between peninsula premier clubs and blue square/professional ect

The teams in the top half of the Peninsula Premier would all do well in the Western League Premier.

The problem down here has always been a geographical one - if you progress up the Pyramid the travelling distances become difficult.

As I have stated on here before - I would be pleased if a few teams would 'bite the bullet' and take promotion up to the Western Premier - if a few did it then in a matter of 4 - 5 years we could start to switch the emphasis of the Western League from the Bristol area back towards the true Westcountry here in Cornwall & Devon and then the travelling distances would reduce considerably.

As regards the gap between Western & Southern League - well we will find out this season with Truro's first exploration into uncharted territory - I am looking forward to the journey.

As regards the Blue Square Premier, certainly from the experiences of some of the matches against the likes of Torquay & Exeter there is still quite some way to go yet.