Cornwall Football Forum

Vospers Oak Villa v Liskeard

Guest Uncle Albert

Guest Uncle Albert

Vospers 0 Liskeard 2.

Adie Waters (30 minutes) and Joe Davey (55 minutes) scored the goals which gave Liskeard a comfortable victory over new manager Leigh Cooper's former team.

It was a workmanlike performance by Liskeard, although their finishing left a lot to be desired. Danny Brooks and Mike Burke were the outstanding players.

Liskeard travel to Shaftesbury next Saturday.

It is very difficult to assess a first game of the season for both sides. Liskeard were the better side and should have won by a lot more goals I think Liskeard played some good football at times but lacked the punch up front. They definitely need a striker. The midfield looked good going forward but a lot of over hit through balls.

I don't think Walton scored the opening goal. He seemed to miss the low inswinging corner which hit either the goalkeeper or a defender before going over the goal line

A good run out for both sides.

I was sure it was on O.G. as well Dave and you are right, the Liskeard midfield looked good going forward, but lets be honest here... they weren't really tested. The Vospers squad basically looked totally out of their depth. I'm not sure if the new manager had a handful of players unavailable, or if he is relying on what has been left there after Lee Cooper's departure and inevitable player exodus as well as 2nd team players. I don't know... but lets hope for his sake he can get the right players in as fast as possible.