Cornwall Football Forum

Portreath Update

Guest meady

Guest meady

Statement from Portreath Football Club

I would like to clarify that Portreath AFC has been refused Mining One status by the Committee due to a breach of rules in their last weekend of the season. However, our second team have been promoted to Mining Division Two. Therefore the Club now has a clear direction and the challenges ahead of them and would like to take this opportunity to invite any new or explayers to their training sessions on Thursday evenings at RAF Portreath to start at 6.30-7.00pm. I personally feel this is a good opportunity for young players that are looking to play higher level football in a few years to come to the Club to help to get the second team promoted to Mining One and the chance to look at the possibility of becoming a Combination League player in the near future. On the other side of the coin, it would be nice to see the older players come to the Club bringing their wealth of knowledge, contacts and experience and also to help the Club move forward and to set new targets for the future. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved with the Club for their loyalty and wish all the best to other teams for the new season. See you all soon.

if interest in Training contact me on 07977206791

Guest bundithegreat

i believe it is going to be announced at our signing on evening on tuesday at redruth legion at 7pm if anyone wants to sign on for us, some of us already know who it is but dont want to mention his name incase the commitee wants to leave it til tuesday night!!!!!

ill give you a hint last year we started the season unbeaten in 8 games i think it was? who was the manager then before leaving?????

once again we had our first training session last thursday a good turn out and not everyone there but i know we are still looking for a john terry, a rio ferdinand, a steven gerrard, a ronaldo and a torres, so if you fit this bill get your boots and come to training on thursday at RAF portreath for 6.30pm or come along to signing on night and have a chat with the managers and players and see what you think.

i believe it is going to be announced at our signing on evening on tuesday at redruth legion at 7pm if anyone wants to sign on for us, some of us already know who it is but dont want to mention his name incase the commitee wants to leave it til tuesday night!!!!!

ill give you a hint last year we started the season unbeaten in 8 games i think it was? who was the manager then before leaving?????

I take it you mean Opie?

Training was good but i still think more new faces are needed for the reserves if they are to gain promotion to Mining One. :c:

Guest bundithegreat

who is a one and a six?

anyone heard what duane is up to??? you treasure parks no 1?

what about you treasure parks no 1, are you staying?

Hi baggie are you staying at portreath then?

Yes mate, I'm gonna see if there is any life in the old dog yet. Looking at the Perranporth squad though I think I might regret it...but I'm always up for a challenge....so I'm gonna give it go(might regret saying that as well).Think I'll just keep my mouth shut for now. See you soon my good buddie... :thumbsup:

Bundi, one and a six is a leg-end mate, we all know who he is....

Yeah my return is looking likely Baggie, hopefully Portreath will benefit from my ability to TALK a good game of football!!! :D

Seriously though, id like to give it another go, finished last season playing well at 'druth and like everyone at Portreath and ive always felt welcome there so will probably sign again! Combo anyway, still unsure about Mining league? :mellow: :thumbsup:

Guest postman pat

yes sammo it was.have never seen rick do so much running up and down :D:c::drink: lol

are you staying at portreath or has the wd40 run out :P

bundi the great i haven't decided what i am doing yet i am trying afew other sides out, no rush to sign yet as season too far away. I don't really want to play combo but if i feel good enough in pre season then might do so as other combo clubs have come in as well not sure what to do. i am gratefull to roger for the last two seasons but feel ive done what i can for portreath now and its probably time to move on, if i do move on i wish my bros and portreath all the best for the coming season. as you can see from this reply still confused on what to do may just play golf this year....

Guest bundithegreat

well daz what ever you decided to do i know the side you choice will benefit alot from your presence, if you decide not to join your brothers with portreath then i really do hope you the best next year!!!