Cornwall Football Forum

Tommorow evening (a thursday i might add, Tremough host my team Oxford in a league fixture. Not that im complaining as im glad for the football but i was under the impression that Sunday league games could ONLY be played on a Sunday.

As i said im not complaining, its just in the debate that was had about the Mining league arranging finals on a sunday that clashed with sunday league finals, many people speaking in defence of the sunday league clearly stated (and used as the basis of their argument) the fact that sunday league fixtures could not be played on any other day, which clearly seems to be not the case.

Can anybody clear this up for me because id hate to think i would be playing in a match that the league did not approve of tommorow? However id also hate to think that people have been making things up and telling un-truths in previous forum topics so they can get their points across. Thanks :c:

Crystal clear.

Sunday clubs are clubs that mainly play on a Sunday.

Despite what the now deceased supremo of the CCFA, John Ryder, decreed, Sunday clubs may play on any day of the week.

However, clubs that are NOT Sunday clubs, may not take any disciplinary action against players who refuse on conscience grounds to play on a Sunday.

There is absolutely no bar on Sunday Clubs playing on any day of the week.

Other clubs, if they are made up of loads of religious fanatics, may struggle to raise a side on Sunday!

Guest Tremough Defender

Now you wouldn't be trying to get out of playing tonight would you?

At least we got a bit of rain before the match. Should hopefully make the ground a little softer.

Jj

Guest Tremough Defender

My thoughts exactly Deano!

I think it should be a pretty decent game tonight. I know a few of the boys were disappointed with the performance on Sunday, so will be looking to improve on that. Plus Oxford are fighting to avoid Relegation......Interesting. I intend to get through the entire game without going over on my ankle again.

Jj

Guest Tremough Defender

This coming Sunday against Regent? Or Tonight's game against The Oxford.

Tough one, we are without our keeper tonight for the first time this season. Looks like I am going to have to step in (Sh*t). Hope the back four is solid. Tonight I am going to go for.....4-2 Tremough.

Jj

Should be a good game tonight. I know that my Oxford lads were disappointed not to have got something out of the game on sunday, as we thought we did enough to at least draw the game. I am very pleased we have had bit of rain, will make it bit easier on the blisters from sunday!!!! :drink:

looking forward to the game.......hopefully can beat tremough for once!!!!!! :yahoo: :thumbsup:

Guest Tremough Defender

While I agree that you boys deserved a point at the end of the back, two good come backs when your heads could have gone down. I still feel we should have wrapped up the game at 2-0. Hopefully (from our point of view) there won't be anything like it tonight.

Jj

Guest Tremough Defender

A reverse of my prediction eh!

Us missing Ian (Keeper), like you said, is a blow, we still have a strong enough back four to cope with the Oxford attack. Hopefully a lot better than we did on Sunday. Going back in the nets for the first time in a couple of years should be interesting!

(The new spurs kit is in JJB in Truro) YIDDO!

Jj

Guest Tremough Defender

He has a shed load of work to do I think. Only got a couple of weeks left to do it all. He doesn't play Saturdays. Tried to get him to earlier in the season but wasn't having any of it. Quality Keeper.

Jj