Cornwall Football Forum

second leg of reserve cup

grampound reserves 0 - 4 st dominick reserves,

grampound boys gave a good account of themselves against the higher opisitions, st dominck started very brightly and were a goal up in the first ten minutes due to a great pass and a well taken goal, it got worse only a couple minutes later when joe dunn tryed to clear the ball while under pressure he put the ball in the corner of the net from the egde of the box!!, it got worse again as everyone started arguing with each other which is very unusal for us to do. after they calmed down grampound started to play some very good football and even i made a few passes :yahoo: but against the run play a cross field ball went over the last defenders head and the striker made sure it was 3 nil to st dominck, with no way of us getting back into the game we were playing for pride and we held out until 70th minute when a scrappy corner was poked in from 3 yards. We have to look on the bright side of things and think we were playing a team 4 leagues above us, so it was a very good effort from us as a team, just quickly i would like to wish st dominck the best of luck in the final either against biscovey or looe town

wadebridge?? 1 - 2 grampound

i dont no much about this game but it is a brilliant result as it will ease their relgation worries