Cornwall Football Forum

New teams / applications

Guest footyfan123

Guest footyfan123

Hi

Can anyone tell me if any teams have applied to join the ECPL and if so when will they find out if they have been successful?

Many thanks

I could be wrong but any team can apply to the ECPL right up to the AGM. The only bit I am not sure about is what date any applicant has to resign from their own league. Unfortunately their will be no teams being automatically relegated from SWPL Division One East and West although there is nothing to stop a team offering to drop down into the ECPL. The problem is the ECPL does not know yet if they can have 32 teams in the league.

I believe the Duchy League will only allow the winners or second place team to be promoted. Its the same with relegation. As it stands the bottom team (currently Lifton) would be relegated to I assume the Duchy League. Teams can apply to join as an example from The North Devon League (Morwenstow), Devon & Exeter League (Lifton), Plymouth & West Devon Combination League (Tamarside) and the South Devon League if they so wish. Obviously the clubs location would be the prime criteria. But we will all have to wait for the CCFA to give the nod.