Cornwall Football Forum

West Briton inaccuracies

As a regular reader of "The West Briton", I have come to notice regular inaccuracies with the spelling of player names in match reports. The most common I see is my own (obviously), the paper tends to call me James Oats, which should be James Oates, (they have only got it correct once, and then they described me as "young keeper James Oates" (I am 25!)!).

This week, to my amusement, I am called Jack Oats, and fellow team mates are called L Benton (Denton), T Burke (Byrne) and D Bull (Ball)!

I appreciate that some match reports are given over the phone, so am not being seriously critical of the paper, but do any players have any humourous or regular misspellings of their names?

As a regular reader of "The West Briton", I have come to notice regular inaccuracies with the spelling of player names in match reports. The most common I see is my own (obviously), the paper tends to call me James Oats, which should be James Oates, (they have only got it correct once, and then they described me as "young keeper James Oates" (I am 25!)!).

This week, to my amusement, I am called Jack Oats, and fellow team mates are called L Benton (Denton), T Burke (Byrne) and D Bull (Ball)!

I appreciate that some match reports are given over the phone, so am not being seriously critical of the paper, but do any players have any humourous or regular misspellings of their names?

To be fair they usually get mine right :thumbsup: but I bet leroy is well chuffed with his mispelling :P :thumbsup:

Guest Sport Lover

Thats a far point kappa my team mate used to do the hockey match reports and sent in my surname different every week for a laugh.

Chimpfield

Sheffield

Chickfield

etc etc